Anime Questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pedrocevil4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm currently taking a Youth Subcultures class on subcultures. For the class we have to do a project on anime subculture, so in order to fully understand the subculture I wanted to get some insight on it from people who either have participated in it or are currently participating in it. I had a few questions for those who participate in anime to please respond to either one or more of the questions below, I would really appreciate it if you could at least answer three questions, all the information used will be data in my project. Thank you so much for your help.

Which gender do you identify with, and how old are you?

Which age do you find anime is targeted for?

Do you find anime to be bedroom culture?

What stereotypes surround anime participants?

Do you find being apart of an anime discussion based board help to express your interest in anime?

Just how popular is anime in Japan?

Thanks again for all your responses.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Whitestripes09

1. I identify as male and I'm 26

2. Really depends on the genre and what the anime is. I suppose you're just asking on a broad level so I'd say from 12-25

3. I had to google what Bedroom Culture is and it seems like something I need to spend time reading more about to fully understand. If you could possibly elaborate a little bit on the question that would be helpful and then I could edit my response in.

4. Well, the stereotype is a weaboo. A weird male that has an obsession with anime girls and has misconceptions about Japanese culture.

5. To be honest, I tried staying away from forums about anime because I don't usually enjoy the topics discussed in them. I did take a class in college and I enjoyed that a lot more because instead of wondering if "my waifu was going to make it to next season", it was more of an analytical class about themes and representations of subcultures in Japan through media arts.

6. I would say very popular. You just have to look at how well movies like Your Name and Weathering With You have done in the box office in Japan when they come out.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#3 sweep  Moderator

@pedrocevil4: Hey dude, the Giant Bomb forums isn't the place for market research, surveys, or for people to farm responses for a university dissertation or class. Consequently we're going to lock this thread. Any questions, please reach out to the mod team directly. Thanks.

x