Initial D's sequel anime series is coming by 2023!

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello, touge racing fans!

This anime is called MF Ghost, it will feature JDMs and Euro exotic cars, taking place after the events of Initial D, meanwhile, the new protagonist (Who was one of Takumi Fujiwara's racing students) will drive the Toyota 86 and is set to take place in the mountains yet again!

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have not read the manga but that's cool that it's getting animated.

Race those drones to glory!

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty excited for this. Not much into cars but I really like Initial D & it's been too long since I watched the old ones.

Thanks for the heads up.

izzy_izumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The manga is fun to read when I did read a bit of it. I like that the competing cars are more than just JDM beasts, like seeing the Alfa Romeo 4C.

It'll be nice to see this animated.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Initial D is great, so I'm definitely gonna watch this!

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Broshmosh

I hope this has even a smattering of the interpersonal drama that the original Initial D story had. The driving was honestly more of a framing device to me, where the lives and goals of the various characters took centre stage. This is probably why I enjoyed First & Second Stage more than the rest.

Definitely up for some cheesy as hell Eurobeat, but I don't know if that's what we're getting judging by the trailer's interest in guitars.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't watch anime but i'm extremely interested to see whether they honour the original's soundtrack, otherwise what the hell are they doing :P.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Its looks good and certainly more like the manga than other past entries in the series; but I guess that last game in the series was 8 years ago!!! This makes be nostalgic for Auto Modellista, the cel-shaded racing game by Capcom. It didn't drive well, but it was cool looking at the time. I suppose in modern terms, Auto Modellista looks primitive.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: To me, this is also the combination of Driveclub and Auto Modellista, because of having Euro exotic cars in it.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Definitely up for some cheesy as hell Eurobeat, but I don't know if that's what we're getting judging by the trailer's interest in guitars.

This more recent trailer addresses that:

Loading Video...

EUROBEAT, BAYBEE. KANSEI DORIFTO.

madpierrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I loooooove Initial D, but two things about this trailer kinda turn me off. First there was zero Eurobeat played during it. How can you have anything Initial D and not have eurobeat playing. The other is... why... does it look worse to me than old Initial D? For some reason the like cell shaded look of the cars just isn't clicking with me. Hopefully though it's a dumb good time like the other shows in the series. Looking forward to checking this out.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for charaznablecustom
CharAznableCustom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to be a very loud voice of negativity here but MF Ghost FUCKING SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS. The first season of Initial D is close to perfect television. The subsequent seasons go up and down a bit in quality but are mostly fun and have a vision for what they're doing and show goal progression even if the characters are all mostly static.

MF Ghost feels like a prototype series that came before Initial D and is vastly worse in every way. The art looks worse. The characters are all uninteresting and often offensive stereotypes. The MC is just a flawless giga-chad that effortlessly crushes all competition in every possible avenue of conflict (friendships, ladies, races, school, he cannot even be mildly challenged in any arena). Without major spoilers, the series also does Takumi extremely dirty to put the new guy over (again, he cannot be challenged on any level by any other character). Everything about it sucks.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The characters are all uninteresting and often offensive stereotypes.

Uh oh... :(

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If it doesn't have the soundtrack, what's the point