User Lists: 0

@kopcik: Danny has his own site. I am pretty sure NoClip has its own content

HeelBill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Yep, the flow is off. The Bombcast went from one of my top most listened podcasts to an eh, maybe, where I will skip it completely about half the time. It has become more negative and I can't really tell if Jeff B. even likes video games (pinball doesn't count). Yes, the world sometimes sucks, but I get enough of that from my Apple news feed and I quit twitter and don't need the negative groupthink of it brought to me in podcast form. Losing Danny really really hurt IMO. Guy is passionate and very insightful. I know he had some weird twitter blow up a few years ago, but again, I quit twitter so I try to stay none the wiser. I am not going to criticize other members because I don't want to incur the wrath of a white knight backlash. Just my two cents.

noxid3721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as it pains me to say this, I think that the Bombcast and the site as a whole is just not for me anymore. Been around since randomly finding the podcast around 2012 and have listened almost religiously up until a few months ago. After the big departure and the squad taking their break it's been losing me more and more every week. I didn't even listen to GOTY this year, and that's always one of my favorite things. Ended up canceling my premium because things are just in a weird spot, especially with the full time remote switch. I wish everyone all the best and will still check in with the podcast every other week or so. No real point to be made here and I'm not going to call out any staff like others have. Just vocalizing my sadness in what feels like a really drawn out breakup. Much love duders </3

NickMitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Flow is fine considering the circumstances with distance work.

Folks saying things was better years ago seems to have not noticed that the gaming landscape has changed a lot. News are scarce outside acuisitions and people are much better at finding their own sources than relying on a single podcast so cover every base. Also im leaning more towards the Voice Mail Dumptruck and the other non directly gaming related stuff, since my internet experience basically exclusively revolves around gaming and such. I come to GB for the folks and their takes on the world.

jstaunton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it really weird when people say that GB or the Bombcast is "not for them" anymore. I still get my Vin/Alex/Brad fix from the weekly Nextlander podcast and I listen to the Bombcast/Dumptruck, and I'm happy with both.

I can't really get my head around those who have gone off the Bombcast, especially with Jan's energy and Jeff officially integrating with the crew.

TurkBurgBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After a hiatus of almost a year I started listening again a few months ago. I'm still enjoying the show, but it's with concessions. Jeff is, as always, wonderful. I've really enjoyed Rorie's times on the show. I keep coming back to the lack of a true lineup. It feels like mostly filler folks.

I don't want to cast negativity, but I just feel some people's energies don't meld well with the Bombcast feel. There's a lack of playfulness and an increased focus on self...with one person in particular.

I still come back each week. I enjoy the listen for the most part, but it's a different feel than before.

MisterSims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turkburgbro: Tell me about it. It's like wanting to eat one of your favorite meals, but each week there's more and more beets on your plate. And the beets keep covering up the taste of your otherwise delicious meal until there are beets all over, falling off your plate because there's so many beets. And the beets won't stop talking about how much your other favorite food sucks

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still need something to listen to on a Wednesday at work. It remains a good listen but there's just not that overlap of interests to really push a podcast up to obscene lengths.

I was listening to an old one the other day and wondered why it was 3hrs 40mins. Turns out it was loaded with GI Joe talk. We won't get that again and I'm fine with it.

rawdanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: was that the one about Zartan's hair and Scrap-Iron's missle rack? I liked that episode quite a bit.

prl412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you guys want flow then try the VM Dumptruck. Less fighting, more potty talk.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: was that the one about Zartan's hair and Scrap-Iron's missle rack? I liked that episode quite a bit.

Yep. Probably the best podcast preamble. Right up there with Ryan's California Extreme hotel experience.

cyrribrae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prl412: I was just about to say. I was like... man these takes seem weird cuz they're really gelling pretty well nowadays. Then I realized most of this thread was months ago. There's still some awkwardness on the Bombcast occasionally, but VM Dump Truck shows this dynamic at its best best (plus it helps that Bakalar reaches for less snarky humor ;) lol sorry Jeff). Some of the best content they've done honestly, IMO. And those intros have been consistently great, solid, amazing, hilarious.

NameRedacted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lack of flow? Lack of chemistry? Hell nah! The Bombcast / Dumptruck et al. is really good right now.

What you're seeing / hearing is called WELCOME TO ZOOM! You've got a "room" full of people with good chemistry, all wanting to talk, but with absolutely none of the in-person cues for holding a conversation, especially in a group.

It's the nature of Zoom / teleconferencing, not a lack of "flow" or chemistry.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#64  Edited By Nodima

I will say, I'm way behind on the Dumptruck because....because! But for about a month now, I'd say the constancy of the Dumptruck has really improved the Bombcast's chemistry, which I still don't necessarily listen to right away but get to by the weekend and am always happy with. The sense of humor has settled in, the sense of conversation is chilly it's so cool, and it always makes sense that an episode like the old days casually creeps toward three hours (though I've always listened to the gen. pop. version, so I do notice that runtime is more than ever padded by ad reads that are mostly entertaining though still no Small Business Man - Jan, where you at with the comic relief?!) so I'd take back much of what I said in this thread 2 or 3 months ago. I really enjoy this podcast again, even if I've titled a bit towards (How Did This) Get Played and Triple Click overall.

Yea, I still wish it wasn't the Show and Tell segment during games that it tends to be, and the news segment can still veer into Watched The Critic Season One Once hour, but I think this is still a really fun gaming and other stuff podcast and I'm happy to say so! I still think there's an opportunity for the podcast to serve those like me who wait for the audio to find a modicum of an edit in the two plus hours of chat, but all things considered and digested the Bombcast's only missing link(s) can't be reforged and that's just fine. I'm glad to still really appreciate a gaming experience/news pod that carries an abstract time limit as a badge of honor and at this point marries two generations of gaming culture to a cynical refrigerator critic that secretly (I can tell) wonders if DOOM will ever run on his sprinkler system.

Edit: Plus, for as good as Brad's Google image skills used to pay off, the man could've never put together the wild edit that makes me think of Stankonia, Patton, and Best of the Worst b-movies (as well as whatever the reference actually is that I'm only 25 minutes into the pod and haven't uncovered yet) that Jan conjures week after week. The art is always really, really fun.