API request limit is not resetting

poweld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

My API requests per hour have not reset in several months, which has led to my being unable to use it to download videos. I haven't had my downloader application running for weeks now in the hopes that the count would reset to no avail. I've certainly not made 100k+ requests in the last hour, but rather single-digit requests.

I don't think I can do anything to fix this myself, but if there is anything I can do please let me know.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@poweld: Hey, try now and let me know if it works any better.

poweld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey @rorie, thanks for looking into it. Unfortunately the status still looks about the same, and my downloader program is still being rate limited.

poweld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie Any progress on this, or suggestions?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poweld said:

@rorie Any progress on this, or suggestions?

Hey, apologies, I've been out of town. The suggestion from our engineer was to regenerate your API key. If you're OK with that let me know and we can give it a whirl!

poweld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: No worries! Sure, a new API key sounds good to me.

poweld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie Sorry to harp on this, but I just want to make sure it's not getting lost in the shuffle. Any idea when my API key will be reset? Thanks!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poweld: Hey sorry, I'm not sure whether someone actually did this, but can you try going to https://www.giantbomb.com/api/ and see if you can make a new key there? I have been pinging people but they need to file a ticket for database access to do this; I'm not sure if that's been done yet or not. If it hasn't been we'll try to get to it on Monday. Sorry for the delay! This isn't something I can do myself in the CMS or I would tackle it myself.

poweld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Unfortunately I don't see any hint of a way to rotate my key on the API page, no. My key is still the same, as is the negative reset countdown and high request count.

Thanks for following up, I'll hang tight till Monday. Have a tasty Thanksgiving!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poweld: Hey can you try this again and let me know if it works?

https://www.giantbomb.com/api/

poweld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Thanks to you and the team, got the new key and things seem to be working fine. I have some work to do on my end, but some manual testing seems to show this is resolved.

Cheers!