Error uploading images: Image is too large

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Uploading images to the site seems broken again.

I posted some screenshots in the PC Screenshot thread a little over a week ago; 3440 x 1440, .png, and between 5MB and 8MB in file size. Those worked. @jasonr86 shared some Dying Light 2 screens in 2160p yesterday. Those worked. But now attempting to upload any image of any pixel measurement, file format (though I mainly stick to .jpg, .png and .gif) or of any reasonable file size yields the "Error uploading images: Image is too large" message. All of this was done in FireFox with AdblockPlus and Ghostery disabled/this site whitelisted, and I also tried in Chrome and got the same error.

Thanks in advance.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I had that error in Comic Vine. I forget both sites share the same wiki system. I was uploading an screenshot that is the same as past title cards.

Browser: Fire Fox

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

Is anyone else seeing this? I seem to be able to upload images.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

Yeah I just got some for errors for uploading a few things that are under 400 KB. Considering I uploaded some +1 MB files a few days ago, it stuck out as weird.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I just got some for errors for uploading a few things that are under 400 KB. Considering I uploaded some +1 MB files a few days ago, it stuck out as weird.

Today or yesterday? I asked them to ramp up the file limit but it might take a bit of time for it to go through.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By reverendhunt
@rorie said:
@reverendhunt said:

Today or yesterday? I asked them to ramp up the file limit but it might take a bit of time for it to go through.

Literally right before I posted that.
EDIT: Just tried again and struck out too.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reverendhunt: OK, cool. They are definitely working on fixing this but I don't have an ETA on it, hopefully sometime in the next day or two. Apologies for the trouble!

LostSol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

While I'm here, might as well lend my voice to the chorus: I'm getting the same "Error uploading images: Image is too large" message, the biggest image I can upload seems to be around 250kb, which is impractically small. Glad you guys are working on it, hope I can go back to crowding your servers with obscenely large images soon.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I think it was set to like 300kb for non-staff. Working on getting it bumped up to 3 MB or so, hopefully that will be enough for most purposes. Apparently larger images make the image encoder clog up and get stuck in a loop.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey this should be resolved now and images up to 3 MB should work, but let me know if they aren't!

LostSol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Seems like it's all good now. Thank you!

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can work with 3MB. Those who frequent the PC Screenshot Thread will just have to take the extra steps of converting their screenshots from .png to .jpg, be it with Photoshop, Paint.net, GIMP, or whichever online image converter seems usable, and Imgur and other similar sites exist for those who really want to share both a gallery's worth of screens, or animated gifs. And profile backgrounds can easily fall under the new limit since you don't see more than 400px in height anyway. I don't have a 4K monitor (and I'm too lazy to configure DSR to simulate 2160p on my 3440 x 1440 monitor), but going as high as 2160 x 400 should be fine in most cases.

Thanks @rorie and engineers.