None of the videos on the site can be played in Brave browser

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael

Using Brave V1.36.116 on Windows 10 with no extensions. Since several days ago I can't play any videos, doesn't matter if I pick "HTML5" or "Progressive." I tried it on Chrome and Microsoft Edge and it works fine in those browsers.

I saw people in one recent video comment section (https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/young-souls/2970-21498) talking about new playback issues related to adblockers. Brave has built-in adblocking so maybe it's that? Either way, I hope this will be fixed.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Can confirm for me it was an adblocker on Chrome, which I've had installed for years so this is new. Adding an exception for the site solved it.

And I've also been a Premium Subscriber since the original Big Live Live Show Live so I haven't seen Ads on this site for nearly a decade. But the Ad Blocker was triggering on something and I wasn't seeing the video.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I've confirmed with engineering that this is unintentional and we're going to try and get the videos working for users with adblock/ublock. I don't have an ETA on a fix right now but they know it's an issue; sorry for the trouble.

extrwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Copying over my comment from the Young Souls QL:

For some reason the domain redventures.io is blocked for access by third party sites in the common ad blocking list "EasyList". I added this filter to uBlock Origin which has cleared up the problem locally:

@@||giantbomb.redvideo.redventures.io^$xhr,domain=www.giantbomb.com

This allows www.giantbomb.com to access video from giantbomb.redvideo.redventures.io.

I'm currently waiting on account activation for EasyList's forum where I can report the problem and get it fixed for everyone.

beartaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Great to know, thanks!

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Until it's resolved, if you click the download dropdown menu and select whatever quality you want, you can watch videos that way.