Review page sort order is weird

alligator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It seems like it's sorted oldest to newest (which is weird itself, why not newest first?), but it's not. Just looking at the first page, it goes:

1. November 3 2009
  2. May 5 2008
  3. May 22 2008
  4. May 18 2008
  5. May 5 2008

They're all from 08-09, but in a weird order.

Even on more recent pages, I can see stuff like September the 28th 2018 before September the 5th 2018.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@alligator: Yep, a lot of carousels are out of order right now! I'll see if we can look into this in the next sprint.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Thanks, @rorie. We appreciate you.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4 BisonHero  Online
rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Hey a bug was filed but I don't know if it was ever worked on. I'll see if I can refloat it but there's a lot of turmoil in engineering right now so it'll probably be a pretty low priority unfortunately.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BisonHero  Online

@dtoast Do you know if engineering ever started to look into this? Review sort order is still very disjointed and weird.

Also, I'm 99% sure the site had a review for Half-Life: Alyx written by Gerstmann that seems to have disappeared. Doesn't appear to exist anywhere on the Reviews page, or on the wiki page for Half-Life: Alyx. Not sure if the CMS ate it or what. I only remember because GB wrote almost no reviews during pandemic times, and I'm pretty sure the only 3 were Gerstmann reviewing Rez Infinite, Half-Life Alyx, and Halo Infinite.

Maybe there are other reviews that are missing, but that's the only one that specifically comes to mind.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: GB never reviewed HL:A. There's a video of Jeff playing it in early Covid but that's it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BisonHero  Online

@mach_go_go_go: That must be what I'm thinking of. I remember Jeff having a random VR kick in 2020/2021 that I thought led to a late review for Half-Life Alyx, but maybe I'm just thinking of him streaming Alyx and talking about it on a podcast somewhere. Maybe Rez Infinite was the only late VR game review Gerstmann did that I'm thinking of.

dtoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: I'll see if I can find the ticket that Rorie referenced.