Videos Not Working on Chrome

• 86 results
enfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

@eccentrix: @theeliminator: This fixed the issue for me on Chrome, thanks!

You don't have to wait until they ask you to accept or reject cookies, there's a link at the bottom of the site that says manage preferences and you can select performance cookies there.

tontogoldstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

For me the link at the bottom says "Do not sell my personal information" - click that and the cookie settings pop up. I enabled "functional" and "Performance" cookies. Now the video player works again (Firefox)

Xolotl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

weirdly enough it seems now new videos do not work for me.

I've cleared my cache but now the newest video on the site does not work: https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/official-playstation-magazine-issue-53/2970-22331/free-video

I'm on Firefox 112.0.2 (64-bit) on Windows 11

UncleJam23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Performance cookies thing worked for me on Chrome!

DannyAgama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By DannyAgama

I have this issue as well but with all my browsers: Edge, Firefox, and Chrome all can't play videos on the site. I cleared everything and logged out and back in afterwards and it's still an issue. Literally nothing plays on the site for me. Just get a black screen with an unresponsive play button over it. I don't use ad blockers either.

tm24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reporting in on the performance cookies thing fixes everything

ExcessDebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Unfortunately site videos still don't work for me, post-fix. I manually cleared my cache too, and no dice (Firefox, Win11). Tried with and without adblocker.

My experience is slightly different than what some others have described; when I click on the play button, nothing happens. No error message, no sign that it's loading, no reaction at all.

I'm having this exact problem on Chrome. Tried clearing cookies. What a mess, this is very frustrating.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enabling functional and performance cookies seems to do it for me.

Fun(?) fact: @wcarle's last post for the site--which was about three years ago--was about him adding a fix for what seems to be this same issue? Derp.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This still isn't working. On a site about videos

stealydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manually enabling "Performance Cookies" by clicking "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" at the bottom of the page as described by others got videos to start working for me again in Chrome and Firefox.

bruno0091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Same. Not something you should be required to do, at all, but it does seem to work.

amishmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stealydan said:

Manually enabling "Performance Cookies" by clicking "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" at the bottom of the page as described by others got videos to start working for me again in Chrome and Firefox.

This finally worked for me (I'm on Firefox). I also turned off Enhanced Tracking Protection (the shield by the URL); I don't know if that was also necessary for it to work.

Just clearing cookies did not fix the problem, but the above did. Thank you for posting that.

lordgrond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By lordgrond
@stealydan said:

I just wanted to say this worked for me on Chrome when nothing else (clear cache, clear cookies, mess with what's allowed and not allowed by www.giantbomb.com in multiple ways) did not. Thanks.

Edit: left out the "not" in my reply

knaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enabling performance cookies worked for me as well. I did not need to enable functional cookies.

I hadn't encountered the issue on Chrome (which I use less), and checking the site's cookies there, sure enough, I already had perf cookies enabled. Disabling them then broke video playback on Chrome, and re-enabling fixed it right back.

Yiffmaster69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still having this issue, which is kind of insane.

cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Turning on performance cookies works for me. However, even though I confirm settings I have to go back and turn on performance cookies every time I close the site or relaunch chrome.

Still very annoying but at least I can get the videos to work.

lebowski101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just tried the free videos on the site, logged in, using Chrome on PC and Firefox on Linux.

Both browsers give an unresponsive video player.

I have not tried turning on or off cookies (and probably won't) though.

swordstruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s crazy how difficult it is to watch videos from a site with nothing but video content. Video player doesn’t work in Chrome, the API is still broken for third party apps, and both issues have been problems for months.

Senate4242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is this still broken, months later? I still cannot watch videos unless I watch them on youtube. What a joke.

permanentsigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't even click the cookie settings at the bottom of the page. It just doesn't do anything at all in either Firefox or Edge. Did they break it even further?

chiefbeef123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By chiefbeef123

This is STILL an issue. I have to load the videos on Edge in order to get to the YouTube link. This has been an issue since GB left CBS.

@theeliminator where do we click on Show Purposes?

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

A fix just went live for Premium Videos and shouldn't require a workaround anymore. Please give it a try and let @dtoast know if additional support tickets need to be filed.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Still with the white wheel of death for me.

Vitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing's changed on my end. Pressing play doesn't do anything and the Cookie Settings at the bottom is still completely non-functional as well.

dtoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By dtoast  Staff

I'm sure this has already been done but make sure to clear your cookies as well, please.

Vitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dtoast said:

I'm sure this has already been done but make sure to clear your cookies as well, please.

I've done this several times in multiple browsers and it doesn't do anything. Can't play videos and the workaround isn't applicable when I can't even access the cookie settings.

dtoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 dtoast  Staff

@vitz: Thanks for checking. I'll log a ticket. Seems mostly to be better but I know edge cases are going to exist and that we want to address them.

Symbyosys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cleared cookies and cache on Edge and still can't get videos to play when clicking. Happy to provide any info you need.

I also get an error "Whoops! Something happened and we are working on it!" on Play it Forward - 03 - Giant Bomb

NikyuNingen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Things are fucking dire when a website about video content can't even fix their video playback issues for over 10 months.

Avatar image for lonelyspacepanda
LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 11

Reposting for visability (not sure appropriate threads b/c tbh these forums are a mess):

I switched to GB player since video removed from YT due to copyright (SSX) but now can't get back to YT player which is way better. Is there really no way to switch back now? They used to have the "..." icon to switch and I don't see anything in settings. Help?

Shaanyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I've been working my way through some older playthrough videos, and just today, videos broke for me. New videos seem to work fine, but things like Beast in the East will play audio but just show a black screen.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Videos still not working, its been a year now

NikyuNingen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: They just don’t care anymore. This website is doomed if they can’t even fix basic problems.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it safe to say this will never get fixed now? It's okay if it is, just please be honest about it