The DLC has a trailer!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I just finished the main game last week, so good timing!

El_Blarfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By El_Blarfo

I also just finished the main game the other day! While it was still moderately buggy before the patch that's out today, it was totally playable.

While Cyberpunk isn't as good as Witcher 3, I've been surprised by how much it's world has stuck with me and gotten under my skin. I'm definitely in the market for more.

Worth noting that a "2023" launch window could mean anything from February onward. I imagine CD Projekt has learned the perils of over-promising in that department.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@rorie: How'd you feel about it after all the patches? Been planning to start it soon myself.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@csl316 said:

@rorie: How'd you feel about it after all the patches? Been planning to start it soon myself.

I liked it a bunch! Top class game from start to finish. Well, the last mission felt a little disappointing but apart from that it was great.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a Cyberpunk apologist (played last November) I’m fairly pumped for the DLC. I haven’t gone back since then, so I don’t know the effects of the big patch from earlier this year, but on PC I found it to be acceptable at the time despite some things still being janky. The strength is in the writing and presentation of quests, and weakness in the character systems and too easy combat (armor up, rush with shotgun, repeat.) I found it most fun as a hacker/stealth build because the combat didn’t really make it much of a challenge unless you stuck you nose in an area you aren’t leveled for.

It’ll be interesting to see just where this new district is gonna be. I have to assume in either the ocean or put in the emptier part of the desert. I wonder if there will be some explanation for that too, like it’s a big modular floating district that docked in the bay or something.

I hope the DLC will include good side quests too, because the moments where they showed slices of life in Night City were the best parts. The main quest line is good too, but things like helping River’s investigation, talking to the bodyguard guy (forgot his name) during the stakeout and going scuba diving with Judy were the things I liked best.

morningcoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like they'll be ditching last-gen for the expansion. This was the last content update for older consoles.

I just started playing this (about 10hrs) and I really like it so far. The city is cool as hell.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leading with the correct V, as is good and proper.

I'm excited for more Cyberpunk as I've always been on the side of "It's good, Actually". Although the setup in this trailer is not what I would have expected.

El_Blarfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By El_Blarfo
@rorie said:

I liked it a bunch! Top class game from start to finish. Well, the last mission felt a little disappointing but apart from that it was great.

Without getting into spoilers, it seems like all the possible endings are REALLY different from each other. I liked the one I ended up on, but the final mission itself was a little anticlimactic. Still really dug the story overall.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks so good!

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Looks like it's time to be gal pals with Judy again.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I can't remember, did they say the DLC was going to be free, or am I confusing it with some other game that launched a mess?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Cyberpunk likers unite!

If it’s a free update I’ll check it out. If it’s like a $20 expansion then I’ll probably wait for a sale or something but wouldn’t mind jumping into some more Cyberpunk since I heard they added a lot of small improvements since launch.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@humanity: The current 1.6/Edgerunners update is free, and it added three new side missions, more guns, cross-saves, and being able to equip a set of clothes for the numbers but wear up to six different outfits for fashion souls, in addition to 1.5 finally adding the ability to change most of you V's facial and body appearance by using your bathroom mirror in the now up to four apartments that you can own. So, yeah. Plenty of quality-of-life features got added this year, even for consoles.

The upcoming, and current gen only, Phantom Liberty looks like it's going to be paid DLC; probably between $10 and $20 if Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine are accurate expectations, but a part of me hopes that it'll be free for at least a limited time as another "We're sorry that we fucked up".

@brian_: That most likely referred to the weapons, clothes, one new vehicle (I think), and an alternate look for Johnny that were released between update 1.3 (back in August of last year) and now. We might have to pay for Phantom Liberty.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@facelessvixen: if it’s the same quality as Blood and Wine then I’d be willing to pay $20 since Blood and Wine was an excellent expansion as it added an entire new landmass to the existing game not to mention several new armor sets etc.

Either way thanks for the info!

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This DLC looks pretty good! I'm glad they're keeping the same production value from the campaign. Not sure I want to reinstall all of Cyberpunk again, but hey, great for those who are in for more.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I finished the game earlier this week and really enjoyed it. The game was such a disaster at launch that I had to abandon it back then and ask for a refund. After the Series X update I started to play it again slowly and ended up doing lots of the side missions because I didn't want to leave Night City.

So yes, I'm very excited for the DLC and very glad they're focusing on current-gen consoles going forward.