A reminder of the 13 years of content all on demand here

Phizzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seen a lot of talk of people wondering what to do with their premium subscriptions.

Personally, I'm on an annual recurring subscription and have done since subbing.

I'm optimistic and excited for the new Giant Bomb we'll be seeing while being sad at the end of an era.

So as a reminder, all these 13 years of content we've all loved is right here on this website, I'm personally going to be spending the slow month of may revisiting beloved content and some things I missed out on.

• Project B.E.A.S.T
  • Old mailbags
  • Old I love Mondays
  • GOTY Skits
  • How to build a Bomb
  • UPFs
  • Metal Gear Scanlon ( I skipped the MGSV season )
  • Too Human: Video Thing
  • Six Scary Frights

There's honestly too many things to list off the top of my head. I've absolutely loved the nostalgia and chaos of old giant bomb content, but it's really worth seeing how they've all grown still putting out top tier content.

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I do hope that if Giant Bomb shuts down as an active website someday, they find a way to archive all the stuff they've made. Would be a tragedy if they shut down the site and all the 13 years was just gone forever like happens when other websites get shut down.

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've started archiving some of my favorite vids/podcasts. While I hope beyond hope that when the site is ever shut down that everything will still be up, I'm not taking that chance. These guys have had too much of an impact on me and I can't fathom the thought of having their legacy that is Giant Bomb be erased like what happened to Screened.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ben_H

I've been watching through a bunch of old content lately and came to the realization that it would probably take me a year or two to get through watching most of it again. The Persona 4 Endurance Run alone is longer than most entire series of TV shows. Same with Mass Alex and Beast in the East.

And the thing is, nearly all of the content holds up well in terms of both production quality and the content itself. GB's style of more dry humour has aged a lot better than other material from a decade ago or so. There's the odd bit here or there that's kinda iffy but for the most part it's not an issue. For most other internet video content from the last decade and a half or so, a lot of it doesn't age particularly well, especially with regard to production quality. GB's videos from like 2010 or 2011 still look pretty good by contrast and anything from like 2012 onward still holds up almost perfectly.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not that the site's going anywhere, but I feel like I might use this as an excuse to get an external drive and just dump a lot of my favorite GB content onto that thing.