Have you ever done a pose or mimicry of a attack or thing from a videogame, tvshow, movie, etc.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Have you ever done a pose or mimicry of a attack or thing from a videogame, tvshow, movie, etc. (38 votes)

yes 66%
no 18%
Not sure 5%
I don't care. 11%

This is a weird question but to explain, I'm talking about the people who by themselves or with others tried to do a street fighter hadouken, or a kamehameha as a kid or adult, with the glint in your eye that...this time it might work and ill be a hero XD. I wanna see if there is a person that exists that never tried to use a stick and cast wizardry after a harry potter movie, never wore a cape, and pretended they were batman. Never did anything silly when it comes to mimicking something in media without hurting others. Please if that's you sound off in the comments and explain how I can be an adult and one day do my taxes XD.

• 
FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By FacelessVixen

I long for the day where I can mimic the moves from Koikatsu Party again.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to "play Dragonball Z" as a kid with other local kids. It involved running around, pointing palms at each other and shouting out the name of an attack just like the show! Except nobody ended up with half of their body missing or whatever.

I grew up in the Scottish highlands, not much up there for fun in the 90s.

Avatar image for sometingbanuble
sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

Praise the sun. Once I did it in dark souls years after the game came out. I’ve never beaten steak souls so There’s that. I’m no wannabes guide user.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By liquiddragon

I remember my friends and I in high school used to get stoned and play out a final fantasy turn based battle. Funniest part was the exaggerated idle animations. Oh man did we think that was hilarious.

WulfBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It’s probably kind of cheating since I build my own cosplay that has included a few video game characters. At the top of my creations is Foxy the Pirate with animated ears, eye patch, and eye lights.

No Caption Provided

But also in more mundane areas, yes as an adult I have still mimicked vg moves. Easiest example that comes to mind is trying to do a shoryuken when bouncing a ball around in the pool.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wulfbane: That's incredible.

Huge fan of Tekken 2 as a kid so i learned to kick like Lei and Baek, drove my parents insane with what i did to the furniture, i still practice because it's an ability i don't want to lose, there's quite a lot of actual martial artists that were inspired by Tekken.
Other than that i used to do Link's 360 spin attack.

CurseOfTheWise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CurseOfTheWise

I had a friend who used to play Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat with me, and it only occurred to me as an adult that he was a cheating BASTARD when it came to keeping track of our health bars! He also used to just call out the character's name when he'd do a move, so he'd charge forward with his fists out and scream, "M. BISON!!!" instead of "Psycho Crusher."

Cause we didn't know any better! I thought Ryu was saying "ALL YOU GET!" when he did a shoryuken. Because...you know, ALL YOU GET is punched in the face.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By htr10

For some reason, all I can think of is this thread asking if I’ve ever done a JoJo pose.

Taxes aren’t that hard to do. Unless you’re married to my wife, in which case just pay HR Block.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Is this just a roundabout way of asking which community members have cosplayed or dressed up in their lifetime?

But my answer is: yes