dtoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dtoast  Staff

Hey Everyone!

My name is Dylan Host. I am 26 and live in the extreme cold that is Minnesota. I’m the Community Manager of Safety for Fandom’s Community Safety team joining back in December 2021. I’m responsible for overseeing the SOAP team, who monitors and protects against vandalism and spam on the platform. I also manage the JavaScript review process to protect users and wikis against any malicious code. Additionally, I’m an advocate for building out the Dev wiki which is the destination for people looking to take a deeper dive into coding.

I’m a massive fan of gaming and entertainment. Most of the games I play are grand strategy games or RPGs but I’m down to try out anything. Show wise it can vary but I’m really into The Last of Us currently. Currently I’m playing Wartales, Age of Empires 4, Expeditions: Rome, and really want to get Atomic Heart.

I’m really excited to have the opportunity to introduce myself to the community and can’t wait to be involved with you all more.

My intention is to empower you all and provide you with additional resources. My commitment to you is that our communities are our first priority in every decision we make and that your voices will be heard throughout. You can message me here or on any other platform DToast being my username on all of them(Discord DToast#2834). I encourage anyone to message me with concerns, issues, or questions. As the SOAP team can attest to I’m pretty much up all hours of the day and try to make an effort to follow up even if I am busy or I don’t have a direct answer at that moment.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BisonHero

@dtoast: Thanks for the introduction.

For spam/vandalism on Giant Bomb, can you clarify how your role intersects with the moderator team, and the general support from Matthew Rorie? What kind of thing would it make sense to DM you about, versus clicking the “report spam” button to send it to the moderation queue?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I also would like to know how your role intersects with Matthew Rorie's. It sounds like you and he are taking on similar roles as far as interacting with the community goes.

Avatar image for sasquatchdoobie
sasquatchdoobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How old are you and where do you live?

blorphman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasquatchdoobie: It's obviously so cold in Minnesota that proof-reading takes a hit

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello Dylan

dtoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dtoast  Staff

@blorphman: Yeah I fixed that, thanks for letting me know.

Avatar image for propagandapanda
Propagandapanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah MN!

MisterSims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The questions regarding role similarity between Dylan and Rorie have still not been answered... and have, dare I say, been ignored.

Avatar image for sasquatchdoobie
sasquatchdoobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mistersims: Don't worry, dtoast is up all hours of the day to respond to concerns, issues, and questions.

dtoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dtoast  Staff

@mistersims: Don't worry, dtoast is up all hours of the day to respond to concerns, issues, and questions.

Always, but if I ever miss anything on the site feel free to message me on Discord.

The questions regarding role similarity between Dylan and Rorie have still not been answered... and have, dare I say, been ignored.

The roles are very much the same as I'm taking over for Rorie.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided

Welcome Dtoast (Dylan Host)

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

lol

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dtoast: Welcome! You have some mighty big shoes to fill, but while this community certainly has its dark spots, I find them WAY more infrequent than other online communities. The creedo here has always been Don't be a Jerk, and it is upheld way more often than not.

No Caption Provided

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By csl316

Welcome, hopefully they can get you on camera sometime as an intro.