It's November 2023, what are the things happening in the video game industry so far?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Dear video gamers in the Giant Bomb forums

This year, the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One console are both turning a decade old by November 15th and November 22nd respectively, here are the things that I would bring up that I've known so far:

The ones I like:

• iRacing has improved even further and has new content being added.
  • Automobilista 2 gets more new DLCs.
  • GTR Revival is still on its way in development and some new screenshots are being shown.
  • Assetto Corsa 2 is still on its way into development.
  • RENNSPORT is still in Beta and is currently being improved by Competition Company GmbH (Its developer).
  • Simucube 2 (One of the high-end Sim Racing peripherals/wheelbases) gets more software updates.
  • Fanatec Clubsport DD and Clubsport DD+ are both fantastic Sim Racing peripherals/wheelbases.
  • Thrustmaster's Ferrari 488 GT3 wheel looks pretty good even though it's designed to be affordable.
  • Gran Turismo 7 gets a Spec II update which includes the Sophy II AI, which displays the AI opponent's feelings plus some additional cars and tracks.
  • Forza Motorsport 2023 is still improving via updates, plus having additional cars and tracks.
  • Starfield is improving via updates.
  • Xbox Series X's Porsche 75th anniversary edition looks great!
  • Xbox is doing pretty well.
  • Jim Ryan (PlayStation CEO) is going to retire by March 2024.

The ones that I don't like:

• EA Sports WRC 23 is currently having bugs.
  • Le Mans Ultimate gets delayed until February 2024.
  • The British Touring Car Championship 2024 game got cancelled because the TOCA the championship series organization is not happy with Motorsport Games (The developer)'s current state of it, so they terminated their licensing.
  • Gran Turismo 7 is still having grimmy MTXs.
  • The Forza Motorsport 2023 PC version is still having bugs, and the players are not happy with it.
  • PlayStation's current line-up of 1st parties is underwhelming.
  • Still no new words from Arc System Works about the BlazBlue series.
  • No words on whether there be a new 3D F-Zero installment from Nintendo after F-Zero 99 (2D installment).

Sidenotes:

• I do not care about Marvel's Spider-Man 2 because I'm not into superhero stories, Marvel and Disney.
  • I'm still a Cyberpunk 2077 fanboy when it comes to the RPG genre.
  • I want both the Gran Turismo series and the Forza Motorsport series to improve further plus having the proper Sim Racing handling model option in the near future.

Edit: I'm curious to see what's next by the year 2024.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Overall, 2023 was a very solid year of huge ups and deep downs. Amazing so many good games came out with all the layoffs and other bad news in gaming.

Now looking forward to the GOTY Awards from different sources.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Blizzard are perpetual money grabbing scumbags with WoW

That's nothing new, but it's still ongoing