rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By rorie

That is the rumor, at least.

Pictures of the controller keep the classic PlayStation 5 style but show a few key differences. One of the biggest changes is buttons under the analog sticks, which allow you to completely remove the analog sticks; which Sony refers to as “removable stick units”.

Another feature includes the trigger stops at the back of the controller, in addition to flappy paddles/buttons that have become increasingly popular over the years with players turning to companies such as SCUF Gaming and NACON for such controllers.

The prototype also features grips to help hold the controller, which also seems to be removable.

Seems like a neat idea! I never use paddles on pro controllers, but my cat spilled some beer in my PS5 controller a while back and the D-pad is still sticky, so I might try and upgrade at some point.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Better get some Pro level stick drift on these new ones.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine's been fine after a year. And my joycons still work. Get a load of me.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@rorie said:

Seems like a neat idea! I never use paddles on pro controllers, but my cat spilled some beer in my PS5 controller a while back and the D-pad is still sticky, so I might try and upgrade at some point.

Interesting, I tend to not let my pets drink alcohol, but not for the reason of keeping it out of my Dual Sense.

denisxcore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to hear Giant Bomb's Jeff Grubb talk about this

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool? I guess? Although I personally think the DualSense is easily one of the worst controllers I've used in a long time - I'd much prefer a larger re-think of the entire design over putting a bunch of flappy paddles on it. Almost everything needs a re-work from the crummy battery life, to the mushy button inputs, to the odd and uncomfortable shape, to the slippy materials they make it out of.

Actually - just rerelease the DualShock 4 and make it work with all PS5 games.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Basically, this is PlayStation equivalent to Xbox's Elite Controller and I'm hoping these two will be as good as each other in terms of materials.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

my cat spilled some beer in my PS5 controller a while back

Cats just can't hold their liquor. You should've cut him off earlier.

No Caption Provided

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

As if $75 for a red or pink DualSense isn't bad enough.

*say someone who spent $130 for a mouse*

urban_ryoga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I've personally felt like the PS5 controller was a step back. For someone with big hands, the placement of the share and options buttons have regressed from the PS4. On the ps4, these were recessed more than the PS5 which meant going over them didn't exactly cause an accidental press for me. However this happens all the time for me with the PS5 controller.

It isn't so much that I want a PS5 pro controller than me wanting to just use my ps4 controller.

Avatar image for spacemanspiff00
spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By spacemanspiff00

@urban_ryoga: @therealturk: And here I thought I was the only one who felt this about the Dualsense. The thing that bothers me the most is the L1/R1 buttons which feel less tactile and much more spongy, as turk mentioned. I actually switched from my normal Xbone controller for Sekiro on PC because I found the DS4's shoulder buttons much springier, which helped with my deflects. And I kinda hate all the extra Dualsense feedback as well. It all just feels fake to me and gets in the way more than anything.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

it might be worth looking at depending on shape when it comes out , for me somethging about the dualsense just hurts my hands horribly . i never had that issue with their dualshocks nor any of the xbox or nintendo controllers so its a weird issue to have , when it beat lost judgement last yr in a week or so i had thumb pain for a good 2 weeks after .

bells n whistles-wise back [paddles are pretty sweet.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

And people would be a fool to buy it until it's clear Sony fixed the stick drift issues with the original controllers.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

There are some neat ideas in that rumor, but it seems fake. Sony would not give two shits about removable analog and some of those features. I can believe buttons under the controller or "SCUF" like features...but removable sticks seem not to be Sony's mindset. Sony files a lot of patents and they might have a lot or old prototypes, but they tend to be conservative about what changes they will make.

I think Sony should follow Microsoft lead and make accessibility for people with sight, hearing, motor control, mobility, and dexterity challenges a 'front burner' task. Sony should focus on only two thing with controllers. Having the best in-box controller they can; and serving the people with sight, hearing, mobility and dexterity issues. Let SCUF and the other, make fancy boutique controllers. That is not to say they should not make tweaks/improvments to a Pro controller, but it should be just that - tweaks.