Question about Game Pass.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi all,

Out of interest, if you get a game on Game Pass (for example, Microsoft Flight Simulator is going to be on it next month), do you keep that as long as your a member of Game Pass (like how Games with Gold/PlayStation Plus works) or is this like Netflix where once it is off the service you can no longer play the game?

Thank you.

Picto_Obscure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Picto_Obscure

Once the game leaves Game Pass you lose access to play it – though I've heard at that point, you can purchase the game at a discount.

I think there's a month window when a game is announced as being pulled; and it's flagged on the front page of the Game Pass app.

I've read first party games stay on Game Pass forever, but I can't confirm that as I've only been using the service for a bit!

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By liquiddragon

It’s like Netflix, you won’t have access to the game once it’s off the service. They usually only give you a 15 day notice. Pay attention to the news of upcoming GP games. It usually comes with what’s leaving in 2 weeks as well.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4 chaser324  Moderator

You do lose access, but it's fair to assume with a first-party game like Flight Simulator that it probably won't be leaving.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: The one issue with something like Flight Simulator is that they may eventually stop selling it because of the expiration of licenses, like they do with the Forza games. At that point they do remove it from Game Pass, whereas if you bought it you can still download it and play it (including online). I have no idea if they plan to eventually sunset Flight Simulator or not, but it's the one situation where they seem to remove first party games and it might apply to Flight Simulator, which does have licenses.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By liquiddragon

Damn, I really wish they’d give a 1 month warning for games leaving. Just found out Outer Wilds is leaving July 1st. :/