Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club voting thread for cycle starting 10/5/2022

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello and thanks for your interest in the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club. If you don't know what it is you can see more about the Game Club here. There is also where you can suggest games for future cycles, though this current vote will stay with the games listed below.

To vote in this thread simply list your top two choices with one labeled choice 1 and the other labeled choice 2. Choice 1 gets 3 points and choice 2 gets 1 point. The game with the highest point count wins. If there is a tie then I will break it, but I will not be voting otherwise.

You can vote even if you have not participated in the Game Club (and voting does not obligate you to participate but we ask that you not vote if you have no interest in participating) and you do not need to vote to participate in this or future cycles. You are also free to vote for games you are interested in and not participate if that game does not win, though it's more fun if people are willing to try games they may not be initially interested in.

Voting will close on October 5 when the next game will be announced. I will tabulate the votes then so you may change your vote at any time prior by editing your post. Please do not make multiple voting posts in this thread, though discussion is encouraged. You can feel free to campaign for the game you want to win and make arguments why it is the best choice.

Games for which there appears to be interest will remain on the list in subsequent weeks but may be cycled out if we reach a point where there are too many nominated game for orderly voting. Games removed from the list will remain eligible to be nominated for future cycles at which point they will be put back on the list.

NOMINATED GAMES:

Paradise Killer (3D investigation/visual novel game set in a psychadelic paradise at the end of the world. Approx 14 hours long.)

Olija (Cinematic action platformer with a dark story and an equal mix of combat/platforming. Approx 4.5 hours long.)

Inside (Cinematic puzzle platformer by the studio that made Limbo. 3.5 hours long)

Coffee Talk (Visual novel set in a modern day fantasy setting where you own a coffee shop and talk to patrons like aliens and succubi. Some basic drink mixing elements. Approx 4 hours long.)

Immortality (Sam Barlow FMV game with supernatural horror elements. Approximately 6 hours long.)

Metal Hellsinger: (Heavy Metal inspired FPS game with some rhythm game elements. Approximately 4 hours long.)

You Suck at Parking (Vehicle obstacle racing game where the goal is to park. Approximately 9 hours long.)

Tinkyin (Pikmin style indie game. Approximately 6 hours long.)

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

1. Tinykin

2. Metal Hellsinger

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

1 Paradise Killer

2 Coffee Talk

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we nominate Prodeus even if it isn't technically finished?

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode: I don't see why not since it's just a consideration that people can take into account when voting.

Though it would probably be for future cycles since I don't like to add games to the current voting slate after voting has started.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: Makes total sense, I was just curious. I haven't really been free all that much to participate anyway lately.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode: pretty sure Prodeus just hit 1.0 this week anyways.

1. Tinykin

2. Coffee talk

Dornath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Paradise Killer

2. Tinykin

Paradise Killer is one of the best games I've ever played.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A decent number of votes this week (thanks everyone) so I probably will not leave voting open tomorrow as I have done recently when there haven't been many. However there is still time over the next 12-15 hours or so to get your votes in if you want to!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

1. Paradise Killer

2. Tinykin

bb4lake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Coffee Talk

2) Immortality

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Paradise Killer is the winner this week. Previously I had some rules about longer games having to get more votes and having more weeks to complete but those got dropped as the club developed and I saw how it went. This will be by far our longest game so we'll see how it goes on a two week cycle. It'll be an experiment.