Which new verb is better? (Description in message)

Axl159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which new verb is better? (Description in message) (37 votes)

Eloning 22%
Musking 78%

I'd like to create a new verb to describe purchasing a website and then using every opportunity to make it worse thus destroying what you've bought.

Eloning is so unique that I think it will work but Musking sounds so much dirtier. Please help me decide for a letter.

A big thank you to the GB community.

• 
Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Musking. It implies a stench. Eloning makes it sound like you're having something chromed.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

'Eloning', so you can save 'musking' for something more worthy/enjoyable, because it's the better verb.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Musking sounds like a very specific kink.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Musking sounds like a dog pissing on a fire hydrant to mark its territory. So basically what Elon did with Twitter.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5 chaser324  Moderator

I like "musking" because it sounds like "busking", which is what you'll be doing after you run a company into the ground and nobody wants to work with you.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think there should be a word that refers to Musk directly, whether it's derogatory or supportive. The man's ego is inflated well enough, he doesn't need an entire word dedicated to his memory, even if it's celebrating a massive fuckup.

Self-sabotage already exists. It's already good enough.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By sombre

I think enabling this anus in the slightest is dumb

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grimesexing

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Musked is the better of the two. It sounds more crude and direct. It conveys spite better, sonically.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we talking about Twitter? Cus from the outside it still seems like people are using it just like before, or has some other drama happened i'm unaware of?

pudking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Fandoming is the verb you’re looking for

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

"Being so rich, the system literally won't allow you to fail."

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think it should be Elon-gate-ing.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cikame said:

Are we talking about Twitter? Cus from the outside it still seems like people are using it just like before, or has some other drama happened i'm unaware of?

You know the scene of Sideshow Bob stepping on a field full of rakes?

It's like that, but he personally placed each rake and paid billions of dollars for them.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: He... paid lots of money to hurt himself?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Efesell

@cikame: I mean in a manner of speaking, yeah.

I mean you should go over a timeline of events post acquisition because it’s really quite something.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: All i learned was that twitter was a failing company losing hundreds of millions of dollars in months, Elon put an offer in, changed his mind and was then somehow forced to buy it, he made radical layoffs and decisions that caused many remaining staff to resign, which sucks but when you force someone to spend tens of billions it's hard to argue.

Since then there has been less moderation, either due to lack of staff or Musk's pursuit of freedom of speech, leading to a reported increase in harassment of users on the platform, i personally believe there's an increase in harassment everywhere on the internet so it's hard to just put it down to a suggested reduction in moderation, i suspect many more changes will happen on the platform when they've had time to recover... or actually make a profit (apparently the last time they did that was 2019), Musk suggested he will appoint someone else CEO when he finds the right person.

As far as use of the platform goes for the average user i haven't noticed a difference, part of that might be because i'm not an internet celebrity trying to push my face into everyone's face, but i do check in on various content makers sometimes for specific updates, which still seems to work pretty well, it's been a good way to see direct reports from people in Ukraine and i've seen plenty of charity events organised through it.

I still feel like i'm missing something, i still can't see why people are mad at it but seemingly continue to use it without issue, is it just the harassment? Does Facebook deal with harassment better?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Efesell

@cikame: Well Twitter is a miserable hell site but it was once a functional miserable hell site. The distinction matters more or less depending on how you interacted with it.

To a lot of people it is a very important aspect of lives or careers and for a while now it’s been like operating all of that on top of a bomb. So you know, it irks them a little I’d imagine.

Also Musk is a huge tool so that feeds into it.