WRC Generations announced! (Kylotonn's final WRC game)

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza
wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have played WRC 7 or 8. It was fine from what I remember. However, I believe WRC will be in very capable hands when it moves to Codemasters.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardcleaver: Codemasters will be a good developer for this, but it also seems redundant to publish this and Dirt Rally.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bittersweet, i've been enjoying the WRC games a lot more than what Codemasters are doing.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GTxForza

@cikame: I love WRC games too and we will see on Codemasters' future as well.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardcleaver: Codemasters will be a good developer for this, but it also seems redundant to publish this and Dirt Rally.

Maybe?

From what I remember of the WRC games, I would call them a mix between sim and arcade racers. Whereas, I would put Dirt Rally games more in the sim category, and the Dirt series in the arcade category. While I think EA could market more than one of these games to different audiences, I would wonder if Codemasters had enough people to work on more than 1 of these games.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're limited with a WRC license. Official stages, official cars, official drivers. Dirt Rally allows them to play a bit fast and loose with stage design and car line-ups. And, let's be honest, they can probably stick in some more interesting modes.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

You're limited with a WRC license. Official stages, official cars, official drivers. Dirt Rally allows them to play a bit fast and loose with stage design and car line-ups. And, let's be honest, they can probably stick in some more interesting modes.

I see and I'm pretty much a WRC fanboy when it comes to rallying.