Kingdom Hearts Dairy entry one: to simple and clean

Uppercaseccc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Uppercaseccc

Hello and welcome to my first entry in my replay through all the kingdom hearts games, FYI there will be spoilers.I am playing though the PS4 version of final mix for anyone wondering. I originally wanted to do this first entry when I was about to seal the traverse town keyhole, but umm, I have finished all the Disney worlds and am getting ready to go to hollow bastion...oops. Part of the reason I kept playing and not writing was because I was having a really good time, the other was because of how short the worlds were and just how good it felt to finish a lot of them quickly.

just donald andRosie O'Donnell the gorrila
just donald andRosie O'Donnell the gorrila

As I stated last time I got lost but as I am playing through the game again I think the main problem is how unintuitive both the maps actually are, and how the game docent really signposts you very well on where you're supposed to go. Take Deep Jungle for example after you meet up with Tarzan’s gorilla parents Clayton the bad guy from Tarzan.....I don't really remember Tarzan very wel,l goes and shoots some gorillas after getting posted by a heartless. What you're supposed to do is go to all the previous areas of the map and save a gorilla from a gang of heartless and then make your way back to the tent after saving the gorilla. Unfortunately the game never really gives you any indication of the going back part so it is totally possible, which I think is on purpose as this is an adventure and you're supposed to be exploring around in the world, messing with stuff to get the right outcome but it can just be frustrating as well to the point of not wanting to finish a world which in reality is maybe only 4~5 rooms.

This leads into the stories for each worlds also feeling a bit short, or at least incomplete. Part of the charm of Kingdom Hearts is the blending of the Disney stories with Tetsuya Nomura bullshit and they are clearly still figuring that balance out. I think the Disney stories aren't really that fleshed out and feel like inadequate summaries of those movies with so far very little Namura stuff. I think Neverland does the blending the best with revelations about there Kairi has been this whole time, turns out she if lifeless with Riku thinking you have abandoned him in favor of Donald and Goofy, and a kinda, well not great version of the end~ish of peter pan.

while you can swim away from the sucks it docent mean its not annoying
while you can swim away from the sucks it docent mean its not annoying

The other thing I am noticing is just how lame the boss fights are. I think there are some great spectacles with some of the bosses like oogie boogie becoming his whole house and having to platform your way to his darkness orbs. I think Cloud is also a good example of a KH boss, it's more about dodging around and finding the right moments to combo off on him and deal damage, or if you do have the timing right counter attacking his own attack to stun him and deal a lot of damage. Unfortunately, a majority of the bosses are more just about hitting the attack button on the boss a couple of times with no real need to learn the patterns. Then there is giant Ursula, who might just be one of the worst bosses I have ever fought in a game. Her main thing is an attack right at the start that is just lightning everywhere with no real way to dodge or interrupted so you always kinda take damage and have your combos interrupted throughout the fight, and because you don't have your normal range of movement abilities during atlantica, mainly dodge rolling, it is not fun to take damage and have zero way to stop that.

Some last thoughts before I step into hollow bastion. I am really learning how important it is to have a decent level of MP this playthrough, magic spells are surprisingly strong as well as the games limit attacks, also I did not know that different keyblades have different crit chances it's not just pure damage on them. I think Jiminy's journal is a bit useless for tracking completion without an individual world tracker. I am really looking forward to finishing this game again I definitely remember it raping up alot in the second half and I hope I am right. Until next time I am signing off and will probably be back once I have finished the game

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Good write up, but it doesnt seem like English is your first language, which led to some confusing typo strings. Or idk, its been a while since i played the first kingdom hearts, maybe there really is alot of raping at the end i dont remember

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258
@cornfed40 said:

Good write up, but it doesnt seem like English is your first language, which led to some confusing typo strings. Or idk, its been a while since i played the first kingdom hearts, maybe there really is alot of raping at the end i dont remember

Seems like he just missed the "m" in the middle of "ramping", as in, action "ramping up" as a story goes on. In general, this post does need another pass on spelling and general writing, but I didn't really have much trouble understanding it.

It's been a long time since I played Kingdom Hearts 1. Last time was the PS3 HD version and I got it and played it obsessively for about a week sometime in... 2016? I think? I certainly remember being most irritated at the Tarzan world. Its level design and objectives don't really follow in a logical manner. Anyway, I finished it, had a blast, and then went on to play Kingdom Hearts 2. KH2 is a better game in pretty much every way, but for some reason I have always dropped off of that game halfway through it. Probably because I keep trying to do both 1 and 2 back-to-back and that's not a good way for me to play games. Still, it's worth firing up 2 right after playing 1 just to feel the difference in controls. KH2 feels so much better to just run around in.

Further entries in the franchise feel like they move away from the Disney influence and just use those places as backdrops for an ever-expanding but never-ending story (insert joke about 80's fantasy movie here). And the story they're trying to tell doesn't really do much for me so I never really got into the later entries in the franchise.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dairy