Emilio Delgado, who played Luis for 45 years on 'Sesame Street,' passed yesterday

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Wow, this really hurts despite the fact I have not seen Sesame Street since 1978. Maria and Luis were like another aunt and uncle in kid's lives. Such pivotal figures in young lives. Sesame Street and PBS were so important in the 1970s, it was a shred of hope and decency on TV. Sesame Street put people who lived in cities, in neighborhoods in a positive light in a tv landscape where 'country life' was idoized. And, the two rocks at the center of that urban story were were Luis and Maria.

No Caption Provided

Rest in peace Emilio Delgado.

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

RIP... thats so sad. I grew up watching them. As a kid who grew up in a pretty poor urban area, Sesame Street was kind of a corner stone for a lot of urban youth. It as a show that emphasized diversity which was rare at a time when most TV shows were about middle-upper class white families and people. RIP to Emilio Delgado. His work will live on for generations.

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wow. My kid just turned 4, and between PBS and YouTube, we've watched a lot of Sesame Street together in the past couple of years, going all the way back to the 70s -- and a lot of "Hey, look at this, this is some of what I watched when I was your age."

Everybody grows up, and everybody passes on. R.I.P.