What TV shows have you watched re-runs the most

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

I was thinking about this today, "What show have I re-watched the most." Ironically ist never shows that I have binge watched completely a bit more that teh classic like Gilligan Island, Brady Bunch, The Monkees, I Love Lucy, Honeymooners, Andy Griffith Show, I dream of Jeanie, Bewitched, Happy Days, etc.

I have watched A TON of those old shows because 50% of tv watching in my day was watching re-runs especially if you were a kid. But most of the old shows on UHF were out of sequence, episodes were intentionally mission and some episodes were shown repeatedly more often! Yet, I believe for someone who was born in 1969 and therefore lived through UHF re-runs of every show, then re-runs on cable specialized channels, and now living through streaming, that I have watched re-run of ST: TNG the most. I may have watched some episodes of Gilligan's Island 100 times or more , but all of it -back to front- not that much .

I have watched TNG at least seven times front to back in addition to watching it when it originally aired. Then when you add an odd episodes here & there when I just tuned on the TV I think I can say I have watched more TNG than anything else. I'll even watch they worst episodes of TNG if ist on; I'll watch "Samaritan Snare" - just because.

What is the show you have watched or re-watched the most??

Avatar image for deactivated-6427167031e01
deactivated-6427167031e01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

Seinfeld and It's Always Sunny. I essentially switch back and forth between the two in rewatch cycles.

Ryaer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@remixrunixlp: Haha those are my exact same two as well. Very good

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Simpsons seasons 3-8 and it's not even close

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have seen so much MASH.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't watch much tv nowadays, but definitely Seinfeld. Watched it every night as a kid on the local stations, or at my grandparents, who always had cable tv, when I spent time at their house, which was basically every weekend and summer vacation. Futurama is probably a close second.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AtheistPreacher

I re-watch old stuff (usually second-screening) more than I watch new stuff, and The West Wing, Deadwood, Rome, Downton Abbey, TNG, DS9, Boston Legal, Haikyuu!!, and Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit are all shows that I can pretty much put on a constant loop. E.g., I think I made it through The West Wing about six times before it left Netflix. Now I have it on disc, though I think I've only watched it on the discs once. I've probably seen all of these half a dozen times, or near to it. Oh, and if mini-series count, I've watched Band of Brothers a ton.

Here's one more weird one: I'm currently on my third watch of a Korean drama called Misaeng (currently on Netflix). It remains the only K-drama I've watched multiple times (partly because for non-English shows I can't really second-screen them, so I tend to watch them only when I'm on the treadmill). I keep watching it both because it's really good and because if Netflix loses it, I'm not sure that discs with the English subs actually exist, it seems very little-known in the English-speaking world, even among K-drama fans, since it ain't a typical K-drama.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: Yes, a lot of M*A*S*H.

@atheistpreache Yes, The West Wing is a great watch, but depressing that government does not work that way.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

The Simpsons, definitely.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By noboners

I put Bob's Burgers on in the background whenever I just need noise. I watch 2-3 episodes a day, and have for close to 7 years. Some days I just leave it running all day. I have no idea how many times I've seen the episodes now, but it's a lot.

Otherwise, I have a constant cycle of Avatar: The Last Airbender, the Legend of Korra and Steven Universe where I'm always watching at least one of them.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

One more voice saying I’ve watched a lot of MASH, but I’m pretty sure that pales in comparison to the hours and number of episodes of Law and Order (the original) I’ve seen. There are a dozen or so episodes I know damn near verbatim. Not plot points and twists…dialogue, scene transitions, transition graphic texts.

I have a problem.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By BisonHero

I don’t idly watch TV reruns on cable anymore, and I’m not one of those psychos who just streams Friends or The Office in its entirety front-to-back when there are so many other new shows and movies to try out on streaming. Basically I’m saying I don’t watch any TV show more than once now. If I were to fire up an old show to rewatch, I’d probably go with Futurama at this point.

But back in the 90s and early 2000s, I would watch Simpsons reruns whenever they were on so I’m one of those millennials that just quotes random bits from that show at the drop of a hat.

Other than that, there was a channel that regularly played M*A*S*H and All in the Family reruns, though I don’t think I came anywhere close to having seen all of the episodes of either.

blackadder88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seinfeld Fraser and Mash

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By AV_Gamer

That's easy,

Law & Order.

Especially, the main show and Criminal Intent. SVU I also like and watch a lot, but mainly the first 12 seasons, before it became the Olivia Benson show after Elliot Stabler left. Many cable channels show rerun marathons weekly making it easy to binge on a lot of the episodes. And no matter how many times I eventually re-watch the same episodes, I never get tired of them.

I also watch a lot of BBQ Pitmasters whenever it comes on, which is usually on Fridays or sometime during the weekends, especially during holidays. The same with My 600 Pound Life. Dr. Now rules.

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frasier is incredibly rewatchable. 11 seasons and arguably not a single bad episode so you have a lot to choose from. The banter is just incredible. And of course we all wish that we could be Frasier Crane. The man works maybe 20 hours a week and somehow has a penthouse mansion, drivers a BMW and is always eating at the fanciest restaurant and drinking the most exquisite wine. The show often jokes about his love live but he is actually dating a lot throughout the show. He's a snobby know-it-all but that's not so bad compared to a lot of characters in modern TV shows.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

The Simpsons early seasons have crossed the Rubicon for me, and are so embedded in both culture and my memory that I can't watch them anymore, so that tells you something.

At this point, I'd probably say Mystery Science Theater 3000, the Mike years->present day stuff.

Futurama had a great run of being the thing my partner and I would put on for bed, Home Movies is right up there for that reason too, Aqua Teen Hunger Force remains surprisingly watchable.

I think I watch more Youtubers than anything else (Allison Pregler, Red Letter Media, Phelan Porteous).

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noboners said:

I put Bob's Burgers on in the background whenever I just need noise. I watch 2-3 episodes a day, and have for close to 7 years. Some days I just leave it running all day. I have no idea how many times I've seen the episodes now, but it's a lot.

Otherwise, I have a constant cycle of Avatar: The Last Airbender, the Legend of Korra and Steven Universe where I'm always watching at least one of them.

You are NOT alone on Bob's Burgers. I cook almost every day, and it's what I put on in the background. It's what my partner and I relax to.

12 seasons, and you could hit RANDOM, and I'd be happy with any of them. THAT is consistency in quality.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd say the UK Top Gear, which they do a lot of informative documentaries on cars like reviews, adventures and experiments.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undeadpool: it's really one of the only shows where I can watch the Holiday episodes any time of year, too. But I hear ya on the "shuffle" ability. There's a chrome extension you can get that lets you shuffle episodes on Hulu and it's perfect for just that.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Seinfeld and Fraser

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noboners: Thank YOU, I might look into that.

Their holiday episodes are so consistently amazing. Honestly, it's just nice having a fictional character who loves Thanksgiving as much as I do and for the EXACT same reason.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s not been on streaming for some time, but the IFC show version of Comedy Bang Bang had over 100 episodes and I watched through them at least three times. It sorta became a background show to have on when I did other things.

Same for MST3K. I had every episode on my computer by totally legitimate means that no cop would ever have a problem with, and I’d pick a random one every night to fall asleep to for years.

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it count if I keep rewatching Avatar: The last airbender while I wait for the netflix remake? 😂
I really love this show since I first saw it.

No Caption Provided

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armoredmachine: Just this year finished my first watch of it, after a very good friend has been on my ass for years, and it really is an amazing kid's show. It's like Batman TAS for the next generation: adult storytelling with children's stories.

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armoredmachine: Just this year finished my first watch of it, after a very good friend has been on my ass for years, and it really is an amazing kid's show. It's like Batman TAS for the next generation: adult storytelling with children's stories.

Very very nice dude. 🤩

so you finished all the seasons? you should watch the legend of korra next, although I must warn you it's good enough, but is a whole different take on story telling as it has more angst and romance compared to the legend of aang. 😉

it's a different beast essentially, though it does continue on to aang and katara's children as part of the story characters.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By wardcleaver
@efesell said:

I have seen so much MASH.

As much as I have re-watched Seinfeld and Frasier in recent years, MASH still has to be on top of this list.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apewins:

Frasier, to me, is one of the best TV comedies ever made.

I am actually late to the party, as it was about 7 years ago that I started watching on Netflix. I dismissed it initially, because it was a tie-in to Cheers, and I do not like that show. It is incredible that the same writers who created Cheers also did Frasier. The quality difference between the 2 shows is night and day, to me.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally have an answer.

The Simpsons.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Simpsons, easily. I’m not sure what else would come even close to that. Maybe something like Frasier, just because of re-runs, back from when I still watched regular tv.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistpreacher: I loved Misaeng also!

on-topic: I don't rewatch much, especially after cord-cutting. But two that do come to mind are TNG and Psych.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Historically, it's probably Seinfeld. Watched at the time, watched repeated on syndication, watched repeatedly on Hulu, and now watch repeatedly on Netflix. Of late, a dark horse might be Brooklyn 99, which has become something of a night time, wind down comfort show for me.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ghost_cat

Fraiser, X-Files, Twin Peaks, The Wire, Sopranos and Seinfeld.

peffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fresh Prince

I was a fan of Fresh Prince in the 90s, and several years ago some channel was showing reruns around the time I ate dinner so I watched some episodes again. These days I really don't watch much TV aside from news or Chinese dramas.

Avatar image for spacemanspiff00
spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was younger I used to say I spoke two languages: English and Simpsons :P

cubidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely between How I Met Your Mother and Friends for me. Probably my two favorite shows, though Avatar and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood are definitely in that conversation as well.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Probably The Simpsons.

psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Everybody Loves Raymond and Three's Company and The Jeffersons, and The Andy Griffin Show