• 87 results
MoonlightMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 15

#51  Edited By MoonlightMoth

Cats. I can scarcely remember a time when there weren't cats in the house, clawing at the furniture, running under feet, throwing up on the carpet, waking me up with wet kisses and bringing all manner of lovely 'gifts' from outside. I love them, and not just because they offset the crippling existential loneliness.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Someone else's pet. I get to hang out and give scritches, and then go home to a non-pet house. Someone else has to keep them alive and clean up after them.

Avatar image for not_a_bumblebee
not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As a dude with two cats and two dogs I got to be honest they both rock in different ways. Never got the which is better debate between cats and dogs. Why pick? They are both amazing. Dream pet would be a pet sloth or the already mentioned capybara because both seem really chill.

Hunterecca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Hunterecca

Hello to everybody! I personally, like all kinds of pets. At our house, we used to have different pets since I was a little kid, but recently I became obsessed with rabbits. Now I have to bunnies at my place and my friend told me that you can also teach them to do some tricks and train them. Yes, some of you might think that they are just a cute piece of fur, but they are good at training. I picked a few ideas from https://petsoid.com/how-to-litter-train-your-pet-rabbit/ and I would say both of my girls are doing pretty well.

tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Cats are the best, especially when they sleep on my lap when I play video games.

LilitMadison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went for a ride with my dog once... and about two miles from my apartment, there used to be a field , a big field. But I didn't think about ticks at all. I found one on myself yesterday when I was Napping, luckily before it bit me I removed it .

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

Cats and dogs

fantasticasm89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Rescue animals. All of my pets have been rescues (recently).

I love my rescue Australian Kelpie. He's cute but he's not friendly with strangers.

I had a pet sparrow that I rescued as a hatchling. It lived to fledge but was attacked by a hawk... it died of a seizure a few weeks later, maybe related to the hawk attack maybe not.

I used to have 2 pet frogs, now I only have one old one. He's hibernating, and I'm not sure how well he's doing. Cute though, tiger leg monkey tree frog. Adopted from petco.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cats are the best imo. I know it's a dorky internet thing, but looking at random pictures of cats doing derpy things always puts a smile on my face.

Which reminds me y'all are failing this thread by not putting more cute pet pics.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By bybeach

A little late, but I will throw a couple in;

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Drizzlehell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only ever had dogs (3 of them) and I took in a rescue cat about 2 years ago. He can be a little bastard sometimes but I love him to death.

There was a time when I wanted to have a spider and even started doing research but then these plans fell through when my landlord told me he'd sooner throw me out than allow me to have a pet like that, lol. Maybe one day...

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Cats.

Cats are great because they can snuggle, but have enough indepances to styay home during he day. If you go on vacation, nearly any friend can take care of a cat without killing it. Moreover, cats are small enough to go on car, boat, or plane trips with you.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the girls I work with is housing bunnies at the minute and I'll be damned if they don't look like decent pets. Adorable little bastards with their tiny pellet shits. Convenient and the only thing they do when they're mad is stomp. All you have to do is stop them fucking.

This is how I imagine rabbit ownership is like. Also dogs are good unless they get really territorial and you wind up looking after them once in a while. My sister has an awesome King Charles Spaniel who now cannot let me near him. When I first looked after them they were really fun. Now he barks at everyone.

Cats are great. They give no fucks. They bother you when they need food and otherwise sit in some corner and purr or whatever.

Oliro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bybeach said:

A little late, but I will throw a couple in;

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cute! I adore cats. They are so independent. Dogs have owners, cats have staff

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't dislike any domestic animal. But, I'm a dog guy. I appreciate that a dog is pretty much the only animal you can realistically incorporate into your life outside of being at home. Dogs can come camping and hiking, they can comfortably travel with you if you have the right accommodations. And most dogs really, really enjoy this kind of stuff.

I have cat allergies. Not serious, but enough that it can be annoying to be around cats if I forget to take my allergy medicine. That said, I've met a couple of extremely cool cats over the last couple years, so I could really see the appeal if you get the animal with the right temperament for you.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Growing up, we had dogs. I always thought that when I got out on my own and established somewhere, I would also get a dog. Flash forward to moving all over after college and finally settling down with a family of my own. My wife and son got a brother and sister cat last year. I was neutral at first, but the cats are so affectionate, they won me over quickly. My wife and I even ended up adopting a third cat, a stray from the neighborhood. Never thought I would ever be a cat dude, but here I am.

Avatar image for deactivated-619b03b9dff60
deactivated-619b03b9dff60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never really been able to have a pet, but I love cats with all my heart

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Cats.

unclematt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None, the thought of locking up an animal for its whole life just makes me sad.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks @bybeach for cute pet pics. Now where are all the others. I demand more furry friend photos.

@unclematt When I was growing up we had indoor/outdoor cats. They weren't locked up at all. They came and went as they pleased for the most part. It's like having fuzzy little roommates.

Avatar image for deactivated-601c3ec725bda
deactivated-601c3ec725bda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dogs ofc

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dogs by a narrow margin, although as I get older I prefer cats more and more. I also really like more unofficial "pets" that just happen to live where you do, like squirrels and geckos.

jppt1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By jppt1974

Cats and dogs but dogs take the cake!

Craig2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love rats and dogs.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a lad who saw his dad breed budgies for most of his life, birds are crap. I mean, they're nice to look at but they're just ornaments.

alexaben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i love parrots they are so attractive and cute as well

TonyKakar28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TonyKakar28

Cats and dogs. Like them both.But have dogs a little bit more!

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Living.....The dead ones are SO lethargic and not fun to play with.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I love my budgies. Never thought about birds before, but they're so playful and affectionate. I come into my room and within seconds lil guy lands on my shoulder and gives me kisses and just snuggles up. We don't clip wings and they can go wherever they feel like.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love my budgies. Never thought about birds before, but they're so playful and affectionate. I come into my room and within seconds lil guy lands on my shoulder and gives me kisses and just snuggles up. We don't clip wings and they can go wherever they feel like.

My dad used to breed them. I have vivid memories of my dad nursing one that had been scalped by another. They're actually pretty aggressive, although it's probably more down to when they're paired up.

Avatar image for allaboutreviews
AllAboutReviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By AllAboutReviews

I love both cats and dogs, but I consider myself a cat person.I love Rag Dolls, Persians, and Maine Coon cats. I currently have a Rag Doll and a Persian mix. I have to say that the Persian mix is the best cat I’ve ever had.

jppt1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By jppt1974

Both a cat and dog person. But have had dogs since 2000 there.