Your expectations for rumored State Of Play event by July 8th, 2021?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

It's hard to have expectations for an event that has yet to be confirmed. I think it certainly makes sense for Sony to have some type of showcase in July, but ultimately they are better off waiting until they have enough games in a demo-ready state to justify such an event.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's hard to have expectations for an event that has yet to be confirmed. I think it certainly makes sense for Sony to have some type of showcase in July, but ultimately they are better off waiting until they have enough games in a demo-ready state to justify such an event.

I agreed about that, cause I know when most people watch showcases, they're expecting to see several new trailers and demo gameplay footage.

I'm just a video game nerd by the way.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's hard to have expectations for an event that has yet to be confirmed.

This.

Otherwise, I don't know. R&C is out already and there's not much else I'm really into between now and Elden Ring. There might be some surprise announcements, but I strongly doubt anything big will come out by year's end.

I'd be satisfied simply by a performance patch for Bloodborne, but I don't think we're ever gonna get that... (prove me wrong, Sony! Make me eat my words, please!)

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Assuming it does in fact occur on that date, all I expect is a release date for Horizon 2. It would be weird if we got no information on that. I'd like to see a new IP exclusive to PS5 and some God of War 2 news.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming it does in fact occur on that date, all I expect is a release date for Horizon 2. It would be weird if we got no information on that. I'd like to see a new IP exclusive to PS5 and some God of War 2 news.

Now I'm curious if they will show up a new first-party IP for PS5, if it's something I'm interested in then I might get into it but if not, I would skip it.

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By hansberg

I have very little in the way of expectations IF a State of Play comes to pass. Probably a bunch of indie titles (which I don't mind, I only mean that it's something that I expect, and doubt that any of it will blow my mind), and maybe a reminder that Horizon Forbidden West is still happening. The event will probably be one of those things that I play in the background while I work.

I can't really get interested in rumors, however, since it's so rare for rumors of any kind to be accurate. Especially lately.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, the whole thing will probably feel like one long depressing reminder of the unavailability of the PS5!

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would love to see what Sucker Punch is working on now that they are done with GoT.

wsninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legend of Dragoon 2. One can dream

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

"Cinematic experiences."

swordstruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MotorStorm would be amazing but I’d say the chances of it are zero since they killed off the studio.

Outside of the expected games I honestly don’t think they will have much to show. God of War, Gran Turismo and Horizon will unquestionably show up from first party, but likely not much else.

- Bend (Days Gone) has confirmed they’re not working on a sequel and they historically have a long spin up time on new projects.

- Naughty Dog likely at least a year away from showing their next game.

- Sucker Punch literally just released GoT last year.

- Japan Studio got folded into Asobi, and with that restructuring I don’t expect a game from them for a while.

- Insomniac just released Ratchet like a week ago.

- San Diego Studio just released The Show earlier this year.

- Dreams came out a year ago and Media Molecule loves to take their time.

The only wildcard left is London Studio, but I expect they’re working on a launch game for the next VR headset.

permanentsigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I expect disappointment.

peffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By peffy

IF Sony does have a big showcase.. (not just a short State of Play)..

There is a somewhat credible rumour that Sucker Punch is making a Ghost of Tsushima expansion (similar to Uncharted Lost Legacy & Miles Morales) due out this fall/winter. We'll see if that is true.

I would expect a God of War trailer. That game was supposed to hit this year, so I'm sure they have enough presentable gameplay for a trailer.

Horizon Forbidden West release date would be nice. (I'm not sure why they had a whole State of Play for it without the date)

Naughty Dog is presumed to be working on TLOU multiplayer (Factions). At this point it's probably a standalone product. That could make an appearance. (Plus, the rumoured TLOU remake)

Gran Turismo 7 could have a trailer too. Less sure about this.. how much do you really need to see of a racing game? It's probably prudent to hold it until closer to release.. unless they really care about comparisons with Forza Horizon (they don't).

Sony's collaboration with Firewalk Studios is also a possibility. That game seems to have been in development for a couple of years at least? In the announcement, they mention the team is already doing "daily online playtests".

Grand Theft Auto V (lol)

+ a bunch of cool indie titles

EDIT: I forgot to mention their big timed exclusives like FF16, Forspoken (both were conspicuously absent from Square's event), Deathloop (though I'm tired of seeing it), Ghostwire Tokyo (???). Probably not seeing Pragmata anytime soon.

bondfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I keep my expectations low when it comes to all of these press conferences over the past few year. Most of the big titles that get announced and come out have been pretty mediorce with a few expectations but mostly it seems to have been disappointments (and thats with every company) also with COVID screwing everything up its going to be very doubtful of the games that come out and how many which a lot of people forget, IE wanting to see Metroid 4 and Bayonetta 3 after a year that was a wash for everyone and most Nintendo fans expecting it even though in the case of Bayonetta they literally said they let us know when they will show it, so its pointless to always have these high expectations. I think if COVID didn't happen I think I would be more excited since its more likely more games are being worked on and more quickly

MechaShadow84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@gtxforza: It would be great to see a new Motorstorm or wipEout, I strongly doubt that will happen. The last new Motorstorm was exclusive to PSV, so that series is basically finished. wipEout is in a similar situation.

thelingo56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

peffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

State of Play July 8

this Thursday we’ll get a nine-minute look at Deathloop’s time-twisted world as part of a new State of Play. The show kicks off at 2pm Pacific / 5pm Eastern / 11pm CEST, viewable on Twitch or YouTube.

In addition to this long look at Bethesda’s violent adventure, we’ll have updates on some exciting indie and third-party titles. The full show clocks in around 30 minutes.

This showcase will not include updates on the next God of War, Horizon Forbidden West or the next generation of PlayStation VR. Stay tuned throughout the summer though, as we’ll have more updates soon.

Blegh Deathloop again. Well I'm interested in the other games they'll show. And sounds like we'll get some first party updates in .... Late August? Early September?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@peffy: It makes sense though. Aside from Horizon Forbidden West, which they just recently showed a lot of, Deathloop is the biggest "console launch exclusive" in the near future for the PS5.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I look forward to the PS Vita OLED announcement.

peffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brian_: The original Vita already had an OLED, but .. hey if they want to make a Vita 2 with an OLED I would buy it. Me and 20 other people.

@chaser324: Yeah, I'm not surprised they're showing it, but I'm just personally tired of seeing it (and it's not a game I'd ever play).

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hansberg

Pretty much what I thought that it would be: nothing groundbreaking, just some updates and a handful of goodies. Good enough.

I had forgotten about Deathloop, which makes the case as to why they would want to showcase it: I'm probably not the only person that forgot about it, and since it's a new franchise they can't really afford to have people forgetting about the title.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I watched July's State Of Play streaming, there is nothing that I'm interested in so I'd wait for the next few months.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By brian_

Sifu seems like an interesting premise. The whole aging after you die thing really makes me think of the Hellblade thing where every time you died, "the curse" would creep up your arm, and something really bad was suppose to happen if it got too high, but nothing ever did. I wonder if there'll be a point where you just age too much and the game will be unfinishable.

Also, I had a good laugh at the dumb stuff they're adding to Death Stranding. The cargo launcher. The legs robot you can sit in. That stuff. I don't know why. I probably liked the gameplay of that thing more than most, but I don't think it's a great game, and I'm not going to pay more money for it. Or play it again to see that stuff.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah uh, just kinda getting progressively more bummed about copycat multiplayer games and forced "replayability" in single player. I'm not sure why dying in Death Loop and having to start over is a good thing, they were showing off an ability where you don't die which i thought was hilarious.
I want Sifu to be great, but details are still really vague and the age mechanic is probably some kind of punishment for dying, so it's starting to remind me of a roguelike and i'm very skeptical.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ThePanzini

Deathloop continues being a really hard sell.

The two Arkane games I have played Dishonored & Prey both had poor stories and the former was a really clunky experience to play, at least Prey was a serviceable video game which isn't really saying much. Deathloop being a more action focused Dishonored ain't selling it.

Deathloop's animations and abilities are ripped straight from Dishonored, watching the trailer is kinda like deja vu. Also pretty confused with the games structure. If its a rogue-like and I have to kill 8 targets in one life, yet the environments and enemy placements are set, how big is the game? and that does sound boring.