Who has the worst wrestling tattoo of all time?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Like wrestler hair, tattoos are a part of wrestling folklore, namely, how bad they are.

There's been some bangers over the years. Whether it's SARA, Brock's hand holding a penis, Lance Archers's...stamp.

I think the two new ones that come to mind, are of course, Cody's "Icon" and Gallaghers...I don't know what it is

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I mean look at Cody's man, come on. It all goes downhill when you look at the TOP star.

So what are your all time favourite, worst, tattoos from wrestling?

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I actually like Gallagher's new tattoos. I think the traditional black and white style looks good (it's not for everyone), and it fits the throwback nature of his character. It shifts him over just enough from his old timey english gentleman character to a seedier bar room brawler type character. I think the tattoos and hair cut help a lot in this character transition and make him feel much more unique as opposed to say, Simon Gotch 2.0. ALSO, he got multiple tattoos at once so that BIG new ship tattoo on his chest is completely jarring...

Which brings me to Cody. Oh boy.

Positives first: I like the way the right end of the crown and the center point of the crown outline and compliment his jawline. It certainly is large and makes a statement. And probably most positive is that tattoos closet to you heart fade faster due to the circulation of blood or something. So if he decides to get it removed, it's should go pretty quick!

I think the tattoo is bad. I think the Nightmare Family logo is fine on it's own, and I probably would be fine if it was just that...maybe. But the american flag feels too much, to the point that I think the detail of the stars and stripes is actually clashing with the finer details of the NF logo. Also, read the room. I get that it's more of a tribute to his father being the American Dream, but a angry skull with the american flag on it maybe isn't the best look right now.

Also this is more of just a nit pick, but I think the eye and nose holes should not of been shaded.

As far as the WORST wrestling tattoo, there is only one true answer:

No Caption Provided

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut said:

I actually like Gallagher's new tattoos. I think the traditional black and white style looks good (it's not for everyone), and it fits the throwback nature of his character. It shifts him over just enough from his old timey english gentleman character to a seedier bar room brawler type character. I think the tattoos and hair cut help a lot in this character transition and make him feel much more unique as opposed to say, Simon Gotch 2.0. ALSO, he got multiple tattoos at once so that BIG new ship tattoo on his chest is completely jarring...

Which brings me to Cody. Oh boy.

Positives first: I like the way the right end of the crown and the center point of the crown outline and compliment his jawline. It certainly is large and makes a statement. And probably most positive is that tattoos closet to you heart fade faster due to the circulation of blood or something. So if he decides to get it removed, it's should go pretty quick!

I think the tattoo is bad. I think the Nightmare Family logo is fine on it's own, and I probably would be fine if it was just that...maybe. But the american flag feels too much, to the point that I think the detail of the stars and stripes is actually clashing with the finer details of the NF logo. Also, read the room. I get that it's more of a tribute to his father being the American Dream, but a angry skull with the american flag on it maybe isn't the best look right now.

Also this is more of just a nit pick, but I think the eye and nose holes should not of been shaded.

As far as the WORST wrestling tattoo, there is only one true answer:

No Caption Provided

How could I forget that

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Cody's may be the worst. Him, Paige's rib tat, and anyone that thought those big fat tribal tats from the early 2000's were a good idea. Best? I really like the work done on Rowan's left arm, perfectly shaded art.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5 Phished0ne  Online

Galllaghers is up there for me really, its mostly because the art just STOPS at his nipples and to me makes it look like a weird press-on tattoo. In fact when i first saw it i said "oh thats weird, they gave Jack Gallagher a gimmick tattoo??" because it seemed so odd. Usually if you are going to get a chest piece and dont want your nipples tattooed you give them a little more space OR have art that stops above your nipples for your first part. It will look better if get gets more work done but it just looks so odd to me right now the way the art goes around his nipples.

Cody's isnt bad in theory but is bad in practice, its too big, its placement is odd. The logo should be a little smaller and tilted backwards so that instead of it going towards his jawline can run with the verticality of his neck. Otherwise not bad.

Icarus's back piece HAS to win for worst wrestler tattoo though, it has everything. Just stinks of a guy who came up with this really cool awesome idea for a piece, but couldnt find/pay for an artist good enough to bring it to life. Pretty sure Icarus wrestles in a top to this day because of that tat.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Bray Wyatt has that red mark that always makes me think he's bleeding, but he's not, and I feel dumb each time.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By devise22

Brock Lesnar

All of them.

I'm not as down on the Cody neck one even if I am not big on neck Tats. There is far too many people in wrestling (and MMA for that matter) who Batista style load up on various tribal tatoo's and it's got to be the most gimmicky garbage ever. It's like in the 90's when everyone got barbed wire and skulls because they thought it made them look tough.

Granted I'm the last person who should be talking about tats. I have zero and likely will till the day I die. It's not even like a shot at them, just the idea that I'd have to like a design enough to put it on my body for the rest of my life seems crazy. I don't know if I like anything long enough to watch it sag on wrinkled skin at 70.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phished0ne: A lot of mens chest tattoos will stop just around the nipples like that. It's dumb, you can absolutely get your nipples covered up, but the ink usually doesn't hold all that well speaking from experience.

Cody's tattoo looks like the most create-a-wrestler ass tattoo I've seen, right down to the placement of it.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cody's tattoo is something that either has or will be part of a Monster Factory bit.

PSPtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hardcore Holly lmao

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By recroulette

I'm biased against the Undertaker but this one ALWAYS looked dumb on him (which you mentioned lol)

No Caption Provided

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#12 Marino  Staff

Cody's tattoo is so bad that it's not even an accurate representation of the flag. The stripe below the blue is supposed to be white first.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Cody's tattoo is real bad but in wrestling there are no shortage of bad ones. Bautistas tribal shit on through Lesnars dumbass chest sword. I do think this one is pretty notably bad. The timing was awful and really distracted from the match.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

I present exhibit A: Brock Lesnar.

No Caption Provided

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@finaldasa: That is a bad tattoo but Brock is a big dumb (potentially racist) meathead so that tattoo actually fits his shithead personality.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everytime I see Cody's tattoo, I laugh a little.

It doesn't help that Brandi buried it in an interview

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I present exhibit A: Brock Lesnar.

No Caption Provided

I have seen the penis sword far too often now and don't even blink an eye out how utterly daft it is.

I think Cody's tattoo is worse because I absolutely have a thing about neck tattoos. The only thing worse than a neck tattoo is a facial tattoo. At least Jack can wear a shirt.

ObamasAmerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That nonsense on Ricochet's chest has got to be in contention for this. NO REGRATS or whatever the hell it says. It looks like the kind of ink a stupid frat bro that thinks he's an extreme sports GOPRO guy would get. I shudder every time I see it.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#19  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Can't believe we've gone this far in the thread without anyone mentioning Batista's belly button tattoo. It's not as bad as some of these, but it's definitely an honorable mention.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If your tattoo has meaning behind it, I don't care where you get. It's way less stupid to me than, lets say, white guys with tribal tats.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brian_: I agree. But that doesn't prevent it from looking incredibly stupid

Take Aleister Black for example. To my understanding his tattoos are very much an element of whatever culture he is.

But it still looks like him and Adam Levine went to the same tattoo shop in GTA Online and blew a bunch of premium currency.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gundato said:

@brian_: I agree. But that doesn't prevent it from looking incredibly stupid

Take Aleister Black for example. To my understanding his tattoos are very much an element of whatever culture he is.

Ah, yes. The Dutch are famous for their... neck tattoos?

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frytup:Yeah, that always sounded bullshit to me. But people are adamant that it is a cultural thing and I would rather err on the side of not being an obnoxious ass when I make fun of how stupid he looks

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gundato said:

@frytup:Yeah, that always sounded bullshit to me. But people are adamant that it is a cultural thing and I would rather err on the side of not being an obnoxious ass when I make fun of how stupid he looks

Black's tattoos and wrestling persona are basically a Tool album cover made flesh. The whole package is just dumb.

And I say that as a Tool fan.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Can't believe we've gone this far in the threat without anyone mentioning Batista's belly button tattoo. It's not as bad as some of these, but it's definitely an honorable mention.

That's what I came to say. It makes me laugh a little every time I see it.

GBWhatsApp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tats wrestlers. Tattoos are a great way to express yourself. To get something inked on your body and know it is going to be there forever takes https://gbwhatsapp.fun/

Avatar image for not_a_bumblebee
not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By not_a_bumblebee

Lance Archer's tramp stamp before he fixed it. In TNA the crowds would chant "Tramp Stamp" at him and it was never not funny.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I know nothing of wrestling, but those old fashioned tattoos are rad in the first picture. Although, the chest is a bold location for them. I think he's pulling them off, they work well with the mustache.

I'll contribute this for the hell of it:

Loading Video...

HIMSteveO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By HIMSteveO

I think, discussion of quality aside, the Harris twins having SS bolts automatically qualifies as the worst

Avatar image for deactivated-619b03b9dff60
deactivated-619b03b9dff60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: I wouldn't consider it the worst of all time, but that Cody tattoo is something. I remember see his entrance when I was watching Revolution 2020 with my friend and we both took a minute to just laugh about the tattoo. It was all just jokes about it during the match. Good times.

flisterfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shameful – The Undertaker.