Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

Epic Sandtrap Story

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By crunchUK

I masterminded quite possibly the best turnaround ever seen against a full party on sandtrap CTF. 

It began quite badly. We were at short base, and they rapidly locked it down and established a front at grav hammer, and 2 of our guys quit. However through careful resourcefulness of the laser and missile pod they were unable to break through. Eventually as their vehicles turned to ashes and their sniper ammos ran out, they lost their grip on our base, and we initiated a massive spam of assorted vehicles. I began to think w emight not lose catastrophically after all - We had them pinned down quite nicely, but then they got a hog through, stole our flag and brought it a very long way up to the very edge of their vehicle area. 

At this point it all sort of disintegrated. We lost our hog, but i was still laying down some serious suppressing fire in the chopper and preventing them from getting it. I urged my team to ALL UNITS their way over here and help our, maybe even attempt a getaway with their flag, but they were too late. Somebody on their team had fished out some rockets, i tried to avoid, i asploded.

The jig was up. They got the flag, and were back to dominating from across what i would like to think as no mans land (between short and grav hammer). For the longest time we were desperately fighting off an enemy that outnumbered us and outclassed us, but despite this we managed to hang onto laser and therefore keep the situation under control.

This precarious stalemate lasted for a while, until they got hold of new banshee, new sniper, and started to completely massacre us. However, because they were only sending one guy at a time from their lines to try and grab it they failed to score, but i knew our luck wouldn't last. Time was running out, we had completely lost it, so i knew only crazy, drastic do or die tactics would work. I told my teammates to "&%*^ off and stay alive", as i jumped onto a mongoose and headed towards their base. 

I got off at rockets - Something very sinister was happening. I was feeling like some kind of reconnaissance guy off star wars, except many bothans died not giving you this information. Anyway, as i sneakily spied on what they were up to, i realized - A banshee was changing hands beside their elephant. Feeling very brave, i lobbed a power drain across the albatross and it landed somewhere in their midst. The guy who relinquished the banshee took off on a 'goose to spawn camp my fellow teammates, and the pilot was nowhere to be seen, so i ran to the missile pod. 

Cautiously, i tiptoed (or crouch walked, but that sounds garbage) around. Nobody was home. I grabbed the missile pod and scanned the horizon for mister banshee, but to no avail - He was miles away and out of range. But that didn't matter - I had an even crazier idea...

I brought the missile pod with me just in case, and their elephant lumbered towards our base, with me at the helm. I was feeling giddy with excitement, who knows what would happen? I let out a squeal of excitement as i saw a couple of respawnees not notice me whatsoever and head back into the carnage. At this point, i realized THIS COULD BLOODY WORK, and then straight after, i heard the dreaded words of FLAG STOLEN - Obviously my team had cracked under the 5vs8 pressure, but all was well as i watched the waypoint blip to the sound of FLAG STOLEN FLAG DROPPED in completely the wrong direction! This was simply too good to be true.

As i approached our base, i realized what a horrific bloodbath it had become - Red Xes were all over the place, enemies had completely surrounded us. And then disaster - I was spotted by a chopper. I went for the missile pod but in a cruel twist of fate it had disappeared! Remembering my jedi training,though i went back onto the controls, and was safe and sound. Then my some of my team spawned all around and he was naded and BRd into smithereens.

We weren't out of the woods yet though. A banshee descended upon our location and wiped out the elephant comandeering crew. I thought it was game over, there was one minute left. But astonishingly, a member of their team was BRINGING IT CLOSER... obviously thinking that with their map control it would be over quickly. Oh the fool, he must be punching his own face quite hard right now. 

As their team moved in to try and get another capture, they were gradually killed, and spawned right across the other side of the map. 2 of our guys sneaked round, got a warthog up and running, and from then on they stood no chance. We juggled 3 flags from elephant to elephant, and the rest is history. with 40 seconds of sudden death left to spare... 

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By crunchUK

I masterminded quite possibly the best turnaround ever seen against a full party on sandtrap CTF. 

It began quite badly. We were at short base, and they rapidly locked it down and established a front at grav hammer, and 2 of our guys quit. However through careful resourcefulness of the laser and missile pod they were unable to break through. Eventually as their vehicles turned to ashes and their sniper ammos ran out, they lost their grip on our base, and we initiated a massive spam of assorted vehicles. I began to think w emight not lose catastrophically after all - We had them pinned down quite nicely, but then they got a hog through, stole our flag and brought it a very long way up to the very edge of their vehicle area. 

At this point it all sort of disintegrated. We lost our hog, but i was still laying down some serious suppressing fire in the chopper and preventing them from getting it. I urged my team to ALL UNITS their way over here and help our, maybe even attempt a getaway with their flag, but they were too late. Somebody on their team had fished out some rockets, i tried to avoid, i asploded.

The jig was up. They got the flag, and were back to dominating from across what i would like to think as no mans land (between short and grav hammer). For the longest time we were desperately fighting off an enemy that outnumbered us and outclassed us, but despite this we managed to hang onto laser and therefore keep the situation under control.

This precarious stalemate lasted for a while, until they got hold of new banshee, new sniper, and started to completely massacre us. However, because they were only sending one guy at a time from their lines to try and grab it they failed to score, but i knew our luck wouldn't last. Time was running out, we had completely lost it, so i knew only crazy, drastic do or die tactics would work. I told my teammates to "&%*^ off and stay alive", as i jumped onto a mongoose and headed towards their base. 

I got off at rockets - Something very sinister was happening. I was feeling like some kind of reconnaissance guy off star wars, except many bothans died not giving you this information. Anyway, as i sneakily spied on what they were up to, i realized - A banshee was changing hands beside their elephant. Feeling very brave, i lobbed a power drain across the albatross and it landed somewhere in their midst. The guy who relinquished the banshee took off on a 'goose to spawn camp my fellow teammates, and the pilot was nowhere to be seen, so i ran to the missile pod. 

Cautiously, i tiptoed (or crouch walked, but that sounds garbage) around. Nobody was home. I grabbed the missile pod and scanned the horizon for mister banshee, but to no avail - He was miles away and out of range. But that didn't matter - I had an even crazier idea...

I brought the missile pod with me just in case, and their elephant lumbered towards our base, with me at the helm. I was feeling giddy with excitement, who knows what would happen? I let out a squeal of excitement as i saw a couple of respawnees not notice me whatsoever and head back into the carnage. At this point, i realized THIS COULD BLOODY WORK, and then straight after, i heard the dreaded words of FLAG STOLEN - Obviously my team had cracked under the 5vs8 pressure, but all was well as i watched the waypoint blip to the sound of FLAG STOLEN FLAG DROPPED in completely the wrong direction! This was simply too good to be true.

As i approached our base, i realized what a horrific bloodbath it had become - Red Xes were all over the place, enemies had completely surrounded us. And then disaster - I was spotted by a chopper. I went for the missile pod but in a cruel twist of fate it had disappeared! Remembering my jedi training,though i went back onto the controls, and was safe and sound. Then my some of my team spawned all around and he was naded and BRd into smithereens.

We weren't out of the woods yet though. A banshee descended upon our location and wiped out the elephant comandeering crew. I thought it was game over, there was one minute left. But astonishingly, a member of their team was BRINGING IT CLOSER... obviously thinking that with their map control it would be over quickly. Oh the fool, he must be punching his own face quite hard right now. 

As their team moved in to try and get another capture, they were gradually killed, and spawned right across the other side of the map. 2 of our guys sneaked round, got a warthog up and running, and from then on they stood no chance. We juggled 3 flags from elephant to elephant, and the rest is history. with 40 seconds of sudden death left to spare... 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.