Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

What games do you rate?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1 sombre  Online

Alright?

Last time I played the Switch was when Fire Emblem came out. I sold my Switch and Series X at the time to go on an amazing holiday with my partner, but now I've got some cash again and I'm eager to dig back into the switch

What's come out since then that's an absolute must play? Luigi's Mansion looks good, so does Pikmin and Legends Arceus and also Xenoblade Three and Octopath Two.

Hook me up friends :D

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The last game I played on Nintendo Switch was Fire Emblem Engage, the gameplay is enjoyable, the characters are nicely designed and the story is okay.

I personally give it an 8 out of 10.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By wollywoo

The Switch has the best library of games of any system ever, pretty much. Octopath II is great, as is Triangle Strategy, but this might depend on your tolerance for JRPGs with huge amounts of dialogue. And Metroid Prime Remastered is must-play if you haven't played the original. Pikmin 3 is also amazing.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By AV_Gamer

I personally give a high recommendation to Luigi's Mansion 3. I think its the best game on the Nintendo Switch overall, over Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey, which are also great games. Even the multiplayer, if you have online is fun.

With that said, the last game I played was Xenoblade Chronicles 2 many months ago. I've yet to finish it, even though I think its a great game, because of the Switch's limitations performance wise. Maybe I'm spoiled, but I'm now used to playing games that are 60fps or above at 1080p at the minimum. And even games that run at 30fps at least have to be smooth without it dipping into the 20s which a lot of major Switch games do unfortunately. However, I'll likely return to the Switch when BOTW 2 comes out later this year.

I would say the Switch is still a great device to play many indie and mobile games that aren't as graphically intense, if the Steam Deck didn't exist and did a better job. Even legacy Nintendo games run better on the Steam Deck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.