Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

Free PS Plus Games for March Announced/Released

• 71 results
    RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RonGalaxy

Seems like Sony simultaneously announced and released the free games for this month, and they don't disappoint. Valiant Hearts (PS4), OlliOlli2 (PS4, Vita), Counter Spy (PS4, PS3, Vita) Odd World: Abe's Odysee: New n Tasty (PS4), Papo & Yo (PS3), Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (PS3). Only one I'm not interested in playing is the Sherlock Holmes one, but my sister might like it.

Anyway, here's the PS Blog announcement link.

What do you think of the lineup? I'm most excited for OlliOlli2 and Valiant Hearts.

Edit: Papo & Yo isn't showing up on the ps plus section of the SEN website, but if you go directly to the game's page it is listed as free for PS Plus members.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Junkboy

Odd World and Variant's Heart I'm really stoked about, unfotunately Diving into Hell will consume me for the month fully.........

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This is an insane month for me! Mainly because of OlliOlli2 and Valiant Hearts, but counterspy isn't so bad. Not excited about oddworlds, but others seem to be... plus XBL just gave away Tomb Raider for 360! Haha that's insane!!

Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only one I'm not interested in playing is the Sherlock Holmes one

I dunno, I've only good things.

Loading Video...

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I might try Counter-Spy. I remember thinking it had a really cool look was kind of a neat concept, but the crew seemed kind of meh about it in the QL, so I never bought it.

Valiant Hearts seems way too depressing for me and I'm not really into skateboarding games, so I'll probably skip OlliOlli2 as well. The only one I'm really on the fence about is Abe's Odysse. It's kind of one of those "classic" games that I've never played, but I don't really like platformers all that much and a lot of what I've heard about it says that it can be an intensely frustrating game.

@rongalaxy Since it's free, I'd actually recommend Crimes and Punishments unless you totally hate that genre of game. As far as adventure games go, I thought it was pretty good and thought it was fun the way they let you form conclusions during cases. Then again, I'm a giant Sherlock Holmes fan, so I'm probably a bit biased.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Well that's a bummer of a list glad they're free and I'll happily add them to my library but I'll be honest I'm never gonna play any of em.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Cool stuff, was worried it would come out next week. As a fan of All Quiet on the Western Front I'm interested to see what Valiant Hearts has to offer. There better be boots.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing OlliOlli2 right now. Didn't play the first one by the way. Man this game is really messing with my brain. The controls feel really good and are laid out well, but it's like my mind can't manage when to land a trick vs landing on a grind. So far I'm really digging it. And the music is perfect.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It's a bunch of games that I wouldn't mind playing but wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to purchase so it's not too bad. I only have a PS4 hooked up and next gen choices are always going to be slim pickings.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might be the first month where I play the lot.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not in love with this batch, but New n' Tasty and Valiant Hearts are pretty good gets. I'll try them all, though, as I'm not actually disinterested in any of them.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently got way into listening to My Brother, My Brother and Me, so some real goofy Sherlock Holmes is sounding pretty good right now.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

New n' Tasty is pretty kick ass.

I'll play some more OlliOlli, though failing dailies is one of the most heartbreaking video game moments. Sorry, FF VII.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sherlock Holmes is not something I probably ever would have bought myself, but I'm totally going to play it now.

bsstephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawgamer: I thought Counterspy was a lot of fun. I didn't play through the game multiple times, but it was pretty fun to do a round or so of on Vita. Definitely worth a try.

@rongalaxy: That's the problem I had with the first OlliOlli. Lots of fun, kind of a mind screw to get used to controlling. Good game though.

I'm looking forward to finally trying Valiant Hearts even if I know how it ends. Seems like it's worth playing through regardless.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a good line-up. I always thought New N' Tasty was too expensive for me so I'm glad to finally be able to play it.

triplestan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not complaining or anything, but does anybody else think this is kind of a lot? I may be wrong, but I don't think I've seen this many relatively recent games on offer for a long time.

johnnymcginley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Olli Olli 2 is pretty cool considering it's a new release.

PS+ has been knocking it out the park for me since I got my PS4 in September. Rogue Legacy and Binding of Isaac are amongst my most played games.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's really greedy but some part of me was really hoping that Helldivers would be on there after Apotheon was free on release too, can see why not since it seems like a big game.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Solid lineup, shame I already own the PS4 games, but Oddworld is a fucking fantastic remake that I'm glad more people will play (particularly considering a decent amount would have balked at the price) and Valiant Hearts was one of my favourite games of last year and one of like only two games to make me cry.

Always wanted to play Papo & Yo, never got around to picking it up. Sherlock Holmes Crime & Punishment actually looked interesting, so that's also a cool addition.

I already own Counterspy and went from kind of liking it to straight up disliking it whilst playing, so that's the one big dud in this lineup in my opinion. OlliOlli 2 is a pretty cool inclusion, the first game is super cool, though I've barely played it.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#21  Edited By MormonWarrior

Wait, what the crap? I literally bought OlliOlli 2 this afternoon after checking the PlayStation Plus games. Are you serious?

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nice! Excited about Valiant Hearts for sure.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Playing OlliOlli2 right now. Didn't play the first one by the way. Man this game is really messing with my brain. The controls feel really good and are laid out well, but it's like my mind can't manage when to land a trick vs landing on a grind. So far I'm really digging it. And the music is perfect.

Even though I've played the first one I'm still occasionally hitting triangle to grind à la Tony Hawk and it keeps restarting the level.

Managed to get the 1000000 point combo trophy in the third level though, so my skills are translating some.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I literally don't have any of those, so score one for me.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Yup, real cool month. Never was going to spend money on Valiant Hearts but have always been intrigued, and was literally counting the hours until I could spend money on OlliOlli2 only to find I won't have to!

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never been interested in these (not sure what half of 'em are, even) but hey, free is free.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

This is probably the best month for PS+ on PS4 since I've been subbed (May 2014). Mostly just because of OlliOlli 2, but Valiant Hearts and Counterspy are cool (already bought these before) and Oddworld is a game I'll finally give a shot. If you don't own any of these games, then you just got 4 great games.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

I think I should stop buying indie games on PS4. I buy them on sale, and play them months later. At this point, I'll just wait and they'll probably be free. Should have figured this out sooner.

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Question: If I subscribe to Playstation Plus on my PS4, does that mean I have Plus for my PS3 - So I could plug it back in and get Crimes and Punishments?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@hoossy: So long as your account is the same on both, yes.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This seems like a good list. And ever since the quicklook I've been interested in the SHerlock Holmes game.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Pretty good list, totally onboard for OlliOlli 2 and Valiant Hearts, plus I'll check out Abe and Counterspy. I wish I could get my PS3 working as they're two interesting offerings on that platform to.

PS+ is great value, continually impressed by it.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only game I want there is Valiant Hearts and it is just the PS4 version. I want that on PS3! And seems it is not cross buy. I cannot express myself in any other way than a picture of vegeta going crazy.

No Caption Provided

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking: I took a break from MBMBaM to listen to Justin and his wife Sydnee's podcast Sawbones. It's super awesome, you should check it out if you're at all interested in medical history

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the store hasn't been updated for me, but is that only because I'm a dirty European?

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty good list, totally onboard for OlliOlli 2 and Valiant Hearts, plus I'll check out Abe and Counterspy. I wish I could get my PS3 working as they're two interesting offerings on that platform to.

PS+ is great value, continually impressed by it.

At this point, I could have never bought a PS4 game and the purchase of the console w/ PS+ would EASILY be justified, EASILY! My friends and I played the crap out of Injustice before it became free, but if we didn't we'd be playing it like crazy after it became free so my point still stands. The value is nuts...

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to buy OlliOlli 2 day one but now I don't have to. That's pretty rad.

Valiant Hearts is a game I wanted to try for a while. Oddworld: Abes Odyssey was part of the PS1 bundle I got one Christmas when I was a kid. I loved it. Counterspy looks cool, probably not a game I'd have bought but will certainly give it a punt.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I tried Olli Olli cause I like skating games and man I just don't like the control scheme in that game at all. Having to press a button before you land every single time is a real pain.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Yea but didn't Skate do the same thing?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skullpanda1: Skate had the same style stick controls for tricks but didn't have a button to confirm your landing or grinds. You just landed if the board was where it should be.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might actually be the first batch of PS+ games where I will download all of them and at least play. I usually go "Eh" on a few of the games offer and don't even "purchase" them

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42  Edited By Nodima

I was shaky with the first OlliOlli's controls for an hour or two but eventually it started to click and I was in this pretty zen state whenever I played. OlliOlli2 builds on that with the manuals. Where my mind gets confused is using the L1/R1 modifiers to spin in the air or do different grinds. I always mess up when I try to incorporate that stuff into my runs. I also feel like it should register tricks more...forgivingly or something? I'm always clearly flicking the stick in a certain way but sometimes I'll get stuck in a two or three olli stretch with no trick attached and it's a real let down.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skullpanda1: Thrasher Skate and Destroy had the same thing with having to press a button to land. OlliOlli is like a 2d mash up of all the skating games.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Valiant Hearts already own, Downloaded OlliOlli2 and Counter Spy for Vita last night as I'm fixing to go out of the country for a week and these will keep my interest during flights and downtimes. I'll download Odd World: Abe's Odysee: New n Tasty when I get back.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skullpanda1: Skate had the same style stick controls for tricks but didn't have a button to confirm your landing or grinds. You just landed if the board was where it should be.

Yah I understand why they do it the way they do but I guess I was looking for more of a skating experience than like rhythm-puzzle experience. Also I find it that the left analog for trick input just doesn't always work all that well.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I get that feeling. I kind of wish I had a PS4 with a fight stick so I could have some tighter input.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I can't say any of those set my world on fire, but I like the wide variety of games represented. That's pretty cool.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 FinalDasa  Moderator

Rumor has it that Dishonored was supposed to be a PS Plus game this month but the deal fell through (which is why the Plus announcement was late).

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spent some time with Counterspy, not really impressed, don't think I'll really go back to it.

Spent some more time with OlliOlli2 and while I'm starting to beat the rhythm of trick transitions to landing into muscle memory I do still feel like a lot of the times I just don't grind when I should and fall to my death.

I'm surprised Killzone hasn't been a PS Plus game yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly clamoring to play ShadowFall here, or any Killzone game for that matter, but it seems like the perfect fit and it has been over a year now.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Dang, that's a nice lineup. Still should get some time in with OlliOlli before I move on to the sequel.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.