Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

Getting spammed daily by PS Plus.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Devil240Z

I let my PS Plus subscription lapse and I'm gonna get it again when a game I want come to it. But I have been pretty staggered by how much email they send me now begging me to renew. They send the same exact email every day. I just found it to be an odd practice by an otherwise pleasant service to deal with.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Strange. I let mine lapse for a while and don't remember getting any emails about renewing. Maybe one or two. What I found shitty was that they'd PM my PSN account if I didn't buy anything for 6 months but still had money in the account. It's like, "Hey, you haven't bought anything in a while, buy something cheap like these suggested products!"

I'm like, "I have $.06 in my account. Nothing on the store is that cheap. You already have that $.06 so just let it collect interest until I buy have a reason to add more."

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I get a lot of emails from them in the first place, hasn't really bothered me that much, keeps me informed if they have any sales going on.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

That's lame. Spam is annoying.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Surely there's a checkbox somewhere you can untick to get them to stop that shit?

Or, if all else fails, change it to a different email address and write that down somewhere?

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#6 fisk0  Moderator

I haven't gotten any spam from them (not that I've let my PS+ lapse ever either), though I've noticed that some of their emails are kinda out of date. I've gotten info about sales that ended several weeks ago multiple times, and got some PlayStation Home codes for christmas decorations in February.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I let mine lapse a couple years back, and I don't remember the email harassment. That was a couple years ago, though. Weird. Maybe it's some issue on their end. That doesn't seem like a practice they'd practice, but maybe I'm wrong.

Their emails seem generally helpful. I've been alerted of some flash sales and stuff of the like before. That's always nice.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I don't think I've ever gotten an email from them, aside from purchase confirmation stuff. I've had mine lapse a couple times before I could renew and have been a member for awhile. If they have sent me stuff during that time, then I sure don't remember it.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I usually get one or two emails a month from them. I don't really mind as it's nice to see what's new without loading up the store.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.