Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

How often do they change the free games out?

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By EightBitShik

I just got my membership and got Crash Bandicoot 1,2,3,CTR. Since I am new to this how often do they swap the games out?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Andorski

The free game changes from month to month. As long as you download the game, you are able to play it as long as you have a PS+ subscriber.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By N7

Sometimes they'll keep availability of a game for one two months, as Crash has been available for free for at least a couple of months now.

And we get new free games every month. New PSN game, new PSOne game, and a couple of minis. The "default" minis are just two per month, but they've been known to give out three or maybe even four at a time sometimes.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EightBitShik

@N7: Nice honestly it's kind of the only reason I really got this was for the free games I know it sounds a bit silly since I am paying for free games but I'm sure there are other good deals that will pay for itself I hope.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By N7
    @EightBitShik: We all definitely got it for the free games. ;)

Though, they always do promotional deals(Read: ALWAYS) that, where regular members would get 20% of, we usually get 50%. We also get exclusive stuff sometimes like demos and betas, but there hasn't even BEEN a beta in a long time, so we haven't gotten one for a bit. But for big games, we always get about 20-30% off.
    bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By bibamatt

There's a thread somewhere here about December's offers! They are live from tomorrow. Tomb Raider Underworld is a free full game download. Plus all the PS1 Spyro games (if you're US) or Cool Boarders (if you're EU).

Honestly, apart from the free games, my favourite thing about PS+ are the automatic updates. SO ESSENTIAL. Makes me sick that they're not there for everyone. And I wish they were a part of Xbox Live, too!

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EightBitShik

@bibamatt: OH SUCKS TO BE EUROPEAN!! FACED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to be a purple dragon clearly the cooler choice!!!

miva2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By miva2

We will probably get spyro another month.

I don't have time to play those games anyway so who cares :p

The first month was still one of my favourite (and when psn restored from the hackings). Wipeout HD( great game! somehow doesn't work anymore) and some other games.

The 5 Sam & Max games at once was also awesome :)

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By TheHT

@Andorski said:

The free game changes from month to month. As long as you download the game, you are able to play it as long as you have a PS+ subscriber.

Do I have to actually download the whole game, or can I hit download then confirm and still have it tied to my account to download and play later?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Hizang

Bear in mind the selection is different depending on whether you live in the US or Europe.

Avatar image for feralli_specter
    Feralli_Specter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@andorski: so if my subscription ends all the free games I got, are gone? I won't have them?

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

@theht said:

@Andorski said:

Do I have to actually download the whole game, or can I hit download then confirm and still have it tied to my account to download and play later?

you can just hit confirm download and cancel it. that's what i did with all of the games until my bandwidth cap was removed

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.