Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

I think I might need to get Playstation Plus

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fuzzypumpkin

Why I haven't yet is beyond even me. Uncharted 3, Saints Row The Third, Machinarium, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Little Big Planet Karting (that one I don't much care about), and XCOM: Enemy Unknown are all free to download in June. Are you kidding me? Why am I still paying for XBOX Live? (Don't answer that) Will This deal be getting anybody else to get PS Plus?

xwillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By xwillx

I've had it since day one, some months its great, others not so much but I really cant complain overall its been an awesome deal.

I'm guessing at E3 they will announce another big set of Plus games like they did last year as well.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By MormonWarrior

...those are great games. PS Plus was a big draw to get me to buy a PS3 again. It's awesome.

veiasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got about 10 months left on my sub. It's been pretty nice, this month especially.

I don't think I will resubscribe though, since I won't be playing a PS3 and I doubt Sony will give away games for the PS4 right away.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already own Deus Ex and Uncharted 3, which somewhat diminishes what would otherwise be an amazing deal, but Saints Row and XCOM might be enough to get to give it a go for a month.

The only problem is finding the right time to do it when I will get the most out of it. Probably after I'm done with The Last of Us while I wait for SMT4.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's worth every damn cent.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

PS+ is great if you don't buy a lot of games. Unfortunately, I do. So I don't get a whole lot out of it. Glad that Sony makes their paid service about games though.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cameron

As one of the 100 or so people in the world who seem to own a Vita it has been fantastic. Other than the exclusives, the PS3 games they tend to give away are usually games I've already picked up on Steam. However, for the price, it's still a pretty great deal. Wipeout 2048, UC:GA, and Gravity Rush alone made it worth my money, which made Vanquish, Disgaea, and Infamous 2 just icing on the cake.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its pretty rad. once you sign up you start getting invited to all these mysterious masked orgies.

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@casper_: Well that seals the deal. Now I HAVE to sign up.

@lukeweizer: Seriously. It makes Xbox Live look like such a joke.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldenglishc

It's an unbelievable deal, especially if you have both Sony platforms. Plus, it introduced me to the nonstop comedy shit-show that is the PS plus blog comment section.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By davidwitten22

A lot of these games are games I wuld have picked up on steam if I had a better computer. I've already played through Saints Row III but I am excited to play it again on my better performing console. The additions to PS+ for the whole year (Uncharted 3, XCOM, and LBP Karting) are pretty huge making getting PS+ a few months ago totally worth it. Plus it got me sleeping dogs. I'm satisfied.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By davidwitten22

A lot of these games are games I wuld have picked up on steam if I had a better computer. I've already played through Saints Row III but I am excited to play it again on my better performing console. The additions to PS+ for the whole year (Uncharted 3, XCOM, and LBP Karting) are pretty huge making getting PS+ a few months ago totally worth it. Plus it got me sleeping dogs. I'm satisfied.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hell yeah

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

I only today realized I could use some amazon credit I have saved up to buy a PS+ code. If I'd figured this out last week I would've done so to get Sleepy Dogs, but I own/have already played 4 of the games added this month. The game currently available that I most want to play is Vanquish. Might wait to see what next month's games are before I take the plunge. Sleepy Dogs, come back!

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

My PS3 is for exclusives only, so the deals really have no bearing on me. I work in a game store as well, so I can loan out any PS3 game I want for free. XCOM, Saints Row and Deus Ex I have already played on 360 though, I have already played Uncharted 3 and thought it was terrible compared to 2.

As with all these things, its a fantastic deal if you've never played any of the titles

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Got it last year and it's so damn good. Seems every game I wanted to buy but didn't this gen ends up on there. It'll probably have me leave the PS3 plugged in over the 360 in the next round.

Avatar image for themaniacsgnome
    TheManiacsGnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's an amazingly fantastic service, if you don't buy a lot of games at or around launch. All the games you listed are great A+ titles, that I beat or own months ago. It's a better deal than XBL sure, but it only makes sense for some people.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By strainedeyes

PS+ has been a fantastic service. I'm still trudging through Spec Ops: The Line from when it was free not long ago, that game is really boring, but I'll definitely be downloading all of these on Tuesday.

I'm excited to see what the service will be like on the PS4.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

cloud saves and automatic updates are other great features of PS+

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By subject2change

Love PS+, this is my 2nd year as a member and it's been fantastic. Hell it even got me to buy a Vita...the first 2 games I played (Gravity Rush and Uncharted) were both free and on my account...plus I've spent a bunch of time with UMvC3. Can't wait for E3 to hear about the PS+ plans (as my account expires around the Holidays).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.