Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

plus needs to have VR games

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So i like my plus account and every month I "buy" all the free games, even vita ones when I don't have vita. I know if you don't select them during the month they're free you lose the chance to go back for free. Once PSVR launches PS needs to start adding one free VR game or demo or experience every month. I have no plans buying a headset right now but maybe next year. If when I get around to looking at which headset to get, if I have a library of even a handfull of plus games that will lean me more towards PS. I watched alot of vibe launch stuff and if you're a giantbomb employee who has to buy everything for review and entertainment that's great. However, I'm not spending hundreds of dollars on half rate games after spending hundreds getting headset. Clearly I have no pull on what actually happens, just wanted to get my thought out. I'm very interested in hearing anyone's thoughts on PSVR. I was surprised how little of it I saw during E3, but that may be cause VR is hard to show.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I like the idea of demos. I feel VR games could have a very 'motion control' upbringing for a while, where it will be very easy to put out a half baked gimmick and call it a day, so if these things had a lot of demos or trials that would be very nice.
    But I just don't see full games of VR winding up on PS+ at least not for a very long time, or at least nothing that isn't made in house by Sony.
    Though keep in mind if you wait a while as you said to get the headset, by then any game that has VR will have plenty of reviews or even looks that are quick to gauge if they are good or not, or rather worth your time/money.

So, fingers crossed for plenty of demos, I'm really excited for the PSVR myself and will probably get one as soon as possible. I adore horror games (well made horror games anyways) and I really want that next level shit where I can just envelope myself in them and truly be terrified, cut the entire world out and just be pissed scared. If even a few games do that for me it's worth it.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm not talking about full blown AAA games. I want an endless sample of short demos. VR isn't something you would do for longer periods of time, but you don't want to redo the same hour over and over.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Sure, as long as its not taking the slot of a regular game.

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sure, as long as its not taking the slot of a regular game.

Literally, the exact reason I clicked on this topic was to comment this. It would be foolish for sony to turn off so many players that have PS+ by replacing a game with one from a consumer base that is not well established, established at all really.

Avatar image for dandyshlonglegs
    dandyshlonglegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

I think this would make a lot of sense. Since getting my Rift, I have used it very infrequently and I find it hard to justify paying the prices for a lot of the stuff on the Oculus store. Having a small bitesized experience for free each month would give me a reason to jump back in to VR, and might get me more involved in that VR ecosystem. Playstation Plus seems like a good vehicle for providing those regular bitesized experiences with Playstation VR.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.