Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Best of Giant Bomb's Persona 4 Endurance Run--01 (Parts 001 to 015)

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Edited By clagnaught

Episode List:

The Best of YouTube Playlist

Between Persona 4 Golden being my favorite video game, the realization that the Endurance Run is now over seven years old, the HD remakes, and the inevitable release of Persona 5 possibly/hopefully this year, I finally cracked and decided to watch the Persona 4 Endurance Run. And then I decided to make this thing along the way:

For the amount of content this series has produced, I only knew of a handful of highlights--like Bufu, Mysterious Fox, and Hama--from the forums and YouTube, but I never really knew what it was like for Jeff and Vinny to experience Persona 4 beyond those moments. So for this, I decided to pick one highlight / funny moment from all 155 videos, as a way to highlight and promote the series as a whole. More often than not, I went with whatever I personally thought was the funniest, but I also wanted to capture what it is like to play this game. (As in having a balance between when certain characters, Personas or mechanics are introduced, Social Links, and dungeon crawling)

Since I am watching this series live, there may be random delays between future releases, but I hope to finish this before Persona 5 launches. (Whenever the hell that is)

This video features clips from Parts 001 to 015. Highlights include: Funky Student, Everyday's Great At Your Junes, and luchador masks.

Even with this and other Best Of videos, you should really see this series for yourself. There are almost too many funny moments to cover in a highlight video like this and the Persona games are really entertaining to watch someone else play.

The Persona 4 Endurance Run: Part 001

The YouTube Playlist

Hope you guys enjoy!

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I'll be watching the Persona 4 ER (for the third time) while grinding levels in P5. Things like this make it hard to maintain my composure and not start it up. Nice going, though!

Also, "Today, you work the upper body and then the next day is when you do a cycle of the juice and then... Yes. Hell, yes!" Might be my favorite moment. On the internet, period.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poobumbutt: I am insanely curious if they are going to attempt a Persona 5 Endurance Run. Maybe with Vinny and Alex?

I know there are a bunch of people who have watched the Endurance Run multiple times, but one of the reasons why I'm making this is actually because I have a feeling I can't do that. Between playing P4/P4G four times, the animes, and the Endurance Run....that's a lot of years devoted to these guys and gals. For as much as I love this game to death, I'm really hoping P5 carries everything forward.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

This is great, my only complaint is the music in between clips is quite a bit louder than the clips themselves. Other than that, keep it up duder!

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is great, my only complaint is the music in between clips is quite a bit louder than the clips themselves. Other than that, keep it up duder!

You're right, that music could probably be lower. I think when Jeff and Vinny are laughing really hard or yelling the levels even out, but the game audio is quieter when they aren't doing those things. Thanks for the feedback!

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed on the interstitial audio volume. Other than that, how has this never been done before? Thank you for taking on this challenge!

ratzinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ratzinc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXW082c_e1w&index=1&list=PLqWBbcpb01oEsrjWP52YyKXY_CSh8uPlw someone already did though?

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ratzinc: For the entire endurance run, no. I think most of the stuff are scenes from the early parts of the game and there's a couple of random clips later on, like the one where the guys summon Satan. With all of the videos together, I'd say most of the content hasn't been covered.

ratzinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ratzinc

Well cool, good on ya! I'll tune in for every one :).

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Cool stuff :) I always thought it was a real shame the original "Best of" never got finished considering the Persona 4 endure run is litterally one of the best things on the internet.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theres a youtube playlist? YES!

I hate watching ERs on the site, the dumb thing always loads em up backwards because it's obsessed with chronological order.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I tried starting the videos two years ago, but didn't get past the third episode...then I lost track. This weekend I watched Ep 1-20 in a day and that was a very satisfying experience.

I say this with a GRETA DEAL OF LOVE, but Vinny must be the most infuriating person to watch play a game - ever. I love his humor, I love his enthusiasm, and I love his twisted outlook on games....but when he accidentally hits buttons or does something impulsive is cringe.

I can say however, that while I don't feel the need to play Persona 4, I can definitely see giving Persona 5 a whirl when they decided to let NA see the game.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: I've had a few moments that were making me cringe like that. Pressing the wrong buttons and stuff like that is pretty funny to me so far.

What gets me is stuff like "Let's buy 2 Goho-m's instead of Revival Beads. Ok, we're basically out of money now. / No, we don't need to buy better armor for our guys. / We need Zio. Let's switch out our Level 17 Jack Frost that has Zio, with a Level 11 Senri, so Senri can cast Zio. / Let's use Slime during this fight, who is weak to Fire, so we can cast Red Wall on Chie, so she is not weak against fire, while we fight this fire boss."

Most of this is just coming from the fact I've played this game in various forms 4 times over the past 8 years, and there's a sense of love to it. Like a cross between people who are good at Kerbal Space Program happily waiting for the disaster in Project Beast, and a desire to help these guys out....But for the love of god, they better stop spending half their money on Goho-m's! 10,000 yen is not a lot. Spend it wisely.

johnsonic7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By johnsonic7

I salute your hard work. ;w;7

rudyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahhh the memories!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.