Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Giant Bomb HD Remix - Endurance Run: Persona 4 - Part 06

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By stordoff

YouTube Playlist: Part 01-06; Behind the Scenes Blog

Part 06 is finally done! Hit a few delays along the way (Babymetal were in London, was ill, and Premiere decided to only use 10% of my CPU power for encoding), but I got there in the end :)

Bit of a weird episode - one of the classroom questions was completely changed, so had to fall back to the emulator for the scene (On the plus side, it did give me a reason to work out how to colour-correct footage in Premiere so that it matches the Vita version a little better)

Hope you enjoy!

Edit: if you see ads on this video, they weren't placed there by me - AtlusUSA have automatically claimed the video and monetised it (Content: Audio-visual content, 13:18 - 13:52; Claimant: Atlus, Channel: AtlusUSA; Policy: Monetised by copyright owner)

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

So I seem to recall you mentioning that the first episode was a bit daunting to create, but have these gotten easier to create since your first episode? I can only image that these are still a giant time sink.

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepie: It's getting a little easier as I get more proficient with the tools in Premiere - Part 07 has just gone up, and editing that took less than an hour (including redoing ~10 minutes of work after Premiere crashed), which is a lot faster than when I first started (I think the first episode took somewhere between 5 and 10 hours, and I had to record my gameplay footage multiple times to get it to match up)

That said, I'm approaching Part 09 which has the first real boss battle of the series. I think that'll be a huge challenge (that I may end up skipping over...)

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

In the SD version I am up to ep 112, but I love watching these HD versions afterward because they are so pretty to look at. The cut scenes are amazing for a PS2 game!

stordoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepie: I forgot to mention that going back over the series after playing the rest of the Persona 3/4 games has made realise that @jeff and @vinny basically predicated the future of the Persona 4 series (e.g. anime, fighting game, SMTxFE, and various other small elements that were added in PQ/the ANIMATION/ The Golden). It's kinda creepy how often they are right (I'm working on a video that points out these various coincidences).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.