Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

My journey in to Persona 4 animation: ep 14

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

Edited By metalsnakezero
    *yip*
    *yip*

Can't believe this all started because of some expensive umbrella.

The events of Nanako handing off her umbrella to fox soon led Yu to many trials from signing up for jobs, comedy routines, and understanding of other people. If I have to describe this episode with one word, it would be bold. Bold enough to cram 5 social links, Hermit Fox, Tower Nakajima Shuu (Ichiki Mitsuhiro), Death Kuroda Hisano (Tani Ikuko), Devil Uehara Sayoko (Kuwatani Natsuko), and Temperance Minami Eri (Itou Miki). We all know what their stories are. Shuu was lacking friends, Hisano wasn't sure if it was right to remember her husband after his death, Sayoko really does care about her career despite her flirtatious nature, and Eri wanting to win the love of her husband's son. Because of jumbling them in to a single episode, the social links suffer from a lack of development as the Sayoko's and Hisano's story arcs go a lot deeper with the hospital work and the life spent with the husband. Shuu's and Eri's story arcs still kinda work as a simple talk about friendship does help out Shuu and a bit of a violent solution helps show the son that Eri is a mother when realizing she all he has.

I guess I give the episode some credit by how there is a coherence between the people from Yu taking Hisano to the hospital where he meets Sayoko and the bus stop scene. It made it feel like it was happening at the amount of time Yu was spending outside the house and wasn't any jarring moments of time skepping ahead too fast. The comedy aspect of the episode was pretty good too with most being Yu's reactions to things, specially when that fish jumped out of the water.

I would say this was probably one of the weaker episodes due to the lack of development with the social links stories. If this part was split in to two episodes than maybe it would been possible to flesh out these social links more.

Next week, FIELD TRIP and possibly the kings game!

Investigation team, GO!

Highlights

So its $104 because it has some character on it? Yeah, that explains a lot.
    Do you know how long it took me to catch just one!?
    Oh good, no more origami
    Oh good, no more origami
    I think Tanaka should fire his animators
    Yo man, I'm seeing foxes!
    metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By metalsnakezero
    *yip*
    *yip*

Can't believe this all started because of some expensive umbrella.

The events of Nanako handing off her umbrella to fox soon led Yu to many trials from signing up for jobs, comedy routines, and understanding of other people. If I have to describe this episode with one word, it would be bold. Bold enough to cram 5 social links, Hermit Fox, Tower Nakajima Shuu (Ichiki Mitsuhiro), Death Kuroda Hisano (Tani Ikuko), Devil Uehara Sayoko (Kuwatani Natsuko), and Temperance Minami Eri (Itou Miki). We all know what their stories are. Shuu was lacking friends, Hisano wasn't sure if it was right to remember her husband after his death, Sayoko really does care about her career despite her flirtatious nature, and Eri wanting to win the love of her husband's son. Because of jumbling them in to a single episode, the social links suffer from a lack of development as the Sayoko's and Hisano's story arcs go a lot deeper with the hospital work and the life spent with the husband. Shuu's and Eri's story arcs still kinda work as a simple talk about friendship does help out Shuu and a bit of a violent solution helps show the son that Eri is a mother when realizing she all he has.

I guess I give the episode some credit by how there is a coherence between the people from Yu taking Hisano to the hospital where he meets Sayoko and the bus stop scene. It made it feel like it was happening at the amount of time Yu was spending outside the house and wasn't any jarring moments of time skepping ahead too fast. The comedy aspect of the episode was pretty good too with most being Yu's reactions to things, specially when that fish jumped out of the water.

I would say this was probably one of the weaker episodes due to the lack of development with the social links stories. If this part was split in to two episodes than maybe it would been possible to flesh out these social links more.

Next week, FIELD TRIP and possibly the kings game!

Investigation team, GO!

Highlights

Oh good, no more origami
    Oh good, no more origami
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Cloudenvy

Lowlights

No Caption Provided

The fact that they managed to cram so many S. Link's into one episode without much of it feeling rushed is kind of incredible.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Commisar123

I really liked this one. I thought they did a great job with all the different social links and they managed to make them both funny and emotional. The only downside was the narration, but otherwise I think it was one of the best ones yet. Also what the fuck was with those prices? Do kids get like one toy for their childhood in this show?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#4  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@Commisar123 said:

The only downside was the narration

Really? I found Yu's incredibly self-serious narration to be hilarious. Not quite as hilarious as the "This is how everyone else sees your social linking" of last episode, but still pretty good.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Samaritan

The Tanaka sequence was the best thing I have seen in weeks.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By shirogane

I only took one thing out of this episode.

Teddie needs to die.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Vexxan

I loved this episode, can't believe they managed to get so much stuff to fit in one episode without it all being half-assed.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By AlexanderSheen

The part when the devil nurse was acted sexy and asked Yu to hit the town, then he said: "Nah, I gotta go to work, bye." was my favorite part.

P.S.: I wonder if there's gonna be any dream scene in one of the next episodes. Like the "wrestling in luchador masks" dream. I would like to see that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.