Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Persona 4 Simulcast Plans and my own write up of the show

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By metalsnakezero

If you want to checkout Persona 4 anime in a legal form than you can find it, on the same day as the October 6 Japanese premiere and every other week, on Hulu and The Anime Network.

www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_myblog/Itemid,0/show,Anime-Network-to-Simulcast-Persona-4-The-Animation-this-October.html/

I would also like to announce that I'll be making impression entries on the show, from beginning to end. Let me know what you would like me to look for when I writing my impressions like should I post up spoilers, a general impression, how many screenshots you would like to see, and more.

Edit: I'll leave this here for your enjoyment guys:

No Caption Provided
    TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TruthTellah

Fantastic! I was hoping that there would be a legal simulcast of some sort. Glad to hear it.

Though, I will still be looking forward to the fan subs that have promised to change his name to Charlie Tunoku in the subtitles... ;)

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Karkarov

Glad there is a legal version, sad it is those two. Anime Network doesn't keep shows on site as I recall and Hulu forces commercials not to mention I always seem to have a video quality problem with them. Well it isn't over yet, other sites might get in on the action too.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By metalsnakezero

@Karkarov: Thats true. These are sites that are confirm to be simulcasting the show. It is possible that other sites will simulcast the show too.

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

Proxy, Ho!

Well I assume as much, for European residents are there any viable options? I would like to keep tabs on this.

Starclopsofish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Starclopsofish

I'm new to this kind of thing - will there be subs on the US stream, or will we have to wait for fansubs?

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By metalsnakezero

@Starclopsofish said:

I'm new to this kind of thing - will there be subs on the US stream, or will we have to wait for fansubs?

Yes, they'll have their own subs on the streams. I can also confirm that the quality of simulcast subs have gotten better.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Cool, I will be sure to check out your write ups of the series.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mutha3
    @metalsnakezero: We should really just make a P4 anime thread and have everyone post in it and discuss the show as it moves along.
    WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

@mutha3 said:

@metalsnakezero: We should really just make a P4 anime thread and have everyone post in it and discuss the show as it moves along.

This a good idea, but I'm assuming this is more of an indication that there will be regular blog updates by metalsnakezero.

In either case someone should do that, if they haven't already!

Edit: I've made the thread, sorry if I'm treading on any toes here!

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Vexxan

Good that there are some legal ways to watch this(at least in the US) but I'll probably go the fansubbing way anyway.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mutha3
    @Vegsen said:

Good that there are some legal ways to watch this(at least in the US) but I'll probably go the fansubbing way anyway.

Why, exactly? The Sentai translation is bound to be more competent and professional than fansubbers, and it'll be released before the fansubs.

...right? unless they have a terrible reputation or something...
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@WatanabeKazuma said:

Proxy, Ho!

Well I assume as much, for European residents are there any viable options? I would like to keep tabs on this.

Nope. Go Fansubs!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.