Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Questions about Dating in Persona 4

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Venatio

Alright I just got "Intimate" with Yukiko, so that means she is now my girlfriend right?

And also, I got my social link with Chie up to Level 9 and it gave me the option to ask her to become my girlfriend, I said the other thing but will I get another chance to ask her? And also can I have multiple girlfriends? What happens if I do?

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Pepsiman

Yeah, in the context of the game, being "intimate" is the equivalent to having them be your girlfriend, so Yukiko is indeed that. If you choose to deny the opportunity like you did with Chie, however, you don't get a second chance; they just become close platonic friends at that point. You can also have multiple girlfriends if you opt to do so, although if you start going out with another girl while being romantically involved with another, there's a chance that you'll have your dates with the new girl get intercepted. It's an interestingly awkward spectacle to behold, to say the least.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Venatio
    Pepsiman said:
    "Yeah, in the context of the game, being "intimate" is the equivalent to having them be your girlfriend, so Yukiko is indeed that. If you choose to deny the opportunity like you did with Chie, however, you don't get a second chance; they just become close platonic friends at that point. You can also have multiple girlfriends if you opt to do so, although if you start going out with another girl while being romantically involved with another, there's a chance that you'll have your dates with the new girl get intercepted. It's an interestingly awkward spectacle to behold, to say the least."
    Should I bother with reloading my old save and asking Chie to be my girlfriend? I mean, I liked Yukiko more anyway but I kinda wanna see what happens when you have multiple girlfriends? Is it worth it?
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BoG
    Venatio said:
    "Pepsiman said:
    "Yeah, in the context of the game, being "intimate" is the equivalent to having them be your girlfriend, so Yukiko is indeed that. If you choose to deny the opportunity like you did with Chie, however, you don't get a second chance; they just become close platonic friends at that point. You can also have multiple girlfriends if you opt to do so, although if you start going out with another girl while being romantically involved with another, there's a chance that you'll have your dates with the new girl get intercepted. It's an interestingly awkward spectacle to behold, to say the least."
    Should I bother with reloading my old save and asking Chie to be my girlfriend? I mean, I liked Yukiko more anyway but I kinda wanna see what happens when you have multiple girlfriends? Is it worth it?"
    Every girl in the game was my girlfriend. Worth it? absolutely. 
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Venatio
    BoG said:
    "Venatio said:
    "Pepsiman said:
    Should I bother with reloading my old save and asking Chie to be my girlfriend? I mean, I liked Yukiko more anyway but I kinda wanna see what happens when you have multiple girlfriends? Is it worth it?"
    Every girl in the game was my girlfriend. Worth it? absolutely. "

What are the consequences if you run into each other? Do they get pissed off and break up with you? Did you get any problems while playing?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By kush

Maybe my memory is a bit foggy, but I'm pretty sure you can only have one "official" girlfriend at a time and if you say you don't want to be their b/f when you max their SL, then you never get a second chance at being an item later in the game. I'm not 100% certain, but I believe that's how it worked in the game.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BoG

I didn't have any problems at all. Once Yukari saw Ai and I together, but I talked my way out of it.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By fr0br0

I tried having more than one girlfriend, but Rise called "Cheaters" to spy on me. God, I hate Joey so much...

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Venatio
    Milkman said:
    "
    Why would you get with Yukiko? She's such a bitch. 
    "
    Nah I liked her, plus, shes hotter then Chie and I have the highest social link with her, is it possible to break up with someone?
    agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By agent_lost

As I can tell there 0 retribution for having multiple girlfriends, the close thins that you get are set event that pop up now end then, the only factor there is how strong is the social link. I did too have the Ai and Yukiko event on a Sunday. Since Yukiko had a full S.Link, she basically bitch slap Ai out of the way so she spend time with the main character. The big bonus that you get come at Chrismast eve, were one of the girl will call and ask if she can spend the night over at your place, you can guess what she really want. Again, it like a menu there to, you just cancel rende-vous until the girl what to get busy call. I subjest to go with Rise, since she give you a +50% SP itme.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fr0br0
    Agent_Lost said:
    "As I can tell there 0 retribution for having multiple girlfriends, the close thins that you get are set event that pop up now end then, the only factor there is how strong is the social link. I did too have the Ai and Yukiko event on a Sunday. Since Yukiko had a full S.Link, she basically bitch slap Ai out of the way so she spend time with the main character. The big bonus that you get come at Chrismast eve, were one of the girl will call and ask if she can spend the night over at your place, you can guess what she really want. Again, it like a menu there to, you just cancel rende-vous until the girl what to get busy call. I subjest to go with Rise, since she give you a +50% SP itme. "
    I forgot about that Ai and Yukiko thing. Man, I was scared when she walks in on my date it Ai.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Venatio
    So bottom line here, should I have multiple girlfriends? And also if I want to ask Chie again to be my girlfriend I have to go back Six days in time to my previous save and lose about an hour in gameplay, worth it? Or should I just forget about that and try the other girls?

Man this is to much pressure, I gotta go play LBP or something xD
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By fr0br0
    Venatio said:
    "So bottom line here, should I have multiple girlfriends? And also if I want to ask Chie again to be my girlfriend I have to go back Six days in time to my previous save and lose about an hour in gameplay

Man this is to much pressure, I gotta go play LBP or something
    "
    There is NO penalty for having multiple girlfriends. The only thing that really has any kind of negative affect is having to choose between them on certain events. There are only a couple times where one girl might get jealous (For example that Yukiko scene above) But nothing was lost. So feel free to have more than one girlfriend. And don't stress about one character only being your friend. To me, Chie would make a better boyfriend than a girlfriend, if you know what I mean. You also won't lose any pluses to stats if they aren't your girlfriend. You will still have max social link.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#15  Edited By LordAndrew
    BoG said:
    "I didn't have any problems at all. Once Yukari saw Ai and I together, but I talked my way out of it."
    You have Persona 3 characters in your game? :P

Once Yukiko screwed up my Sunday with Ai, I regretted getting romantically involved with her. I should have waited till my second playthrough before taking any of the lover paths.
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By endaround

Does anybody know which Christmas scene you get when you have multiple girlfriends?

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By agent_lost

you get to pick which girlfriend you want to spend time with. If you refuse all the girls request then you spend time with Teddie and Yusuke.

Avatar image for commodoregroovy
    CommodoreGroovy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By CommodoreGroovy
    Agent_Lost said:
    "you get to pick which girlfriend you want to spend time with. If you refuse all the girls request then you spend time with Teddie and Yusuke."
    So unless you want to end up on Christmas eve with a bunch of sausages, I'd say you better get into their pants whole you can!

Remember: Popularity leads to Intimacy.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Diamond

I was just wondering about some stuff today :

1. Is it possible to still get S. Link level 10 if you choose not to be girlfriend with someone?  I haven't seen that character around since I refused girlfriendhood to her.
    2. Is there any point in further dates after maxing the persona link?  Are there bonus scenes if you do that a lot?  Bonus skills?

trav3ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By trav3ler
    Diamond said:
    "I was just wondering about some stuff today :1. Is it possible to still get S. Link level 10 if you choose not to be girlfriend with someone?  I haven't seen that character around since I refused girlfriendhood to her.2. Is there any point in further dates after maxing the persona link?  Are there bonus scenes if you do that a lot?  Bonus skills?"
    1. Absolutely, they continue to rank up, you just get different cutscenes that are less intimate and more like "you're my best friend ever."  Read also: more boring

2. I took Chie out again after maxing the social link.  She went to my room again, and I spent a long while with her.  But in terms of stat boosts/tems/slinks, I got nothing.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By LiquidPrince
    BoG said:
    "I didn't have any problems at all. Once Yukari saw Ai and I together, but I talked my way out of it."
    XD

Sounds awesome!
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#22  Edited By alistercat

Fuuuuuuuck. Just messed up getting Naoto as my girlfriend on my second playthrough. Which is partly the reason why I bothered with a second playthrough. :(

Sized27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sized27

Are there any specific benefits to dating anyone in particular? Obviously Yukiko is the sexiest ;) haha.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

@sized27: It makes no difference except for a couple of small scenes. No gameplay rewards. You get their ultimate persona either way.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

"Dating" grants the same benefits a platonic relationship, but has a couple extra scenes later in the game where you hang out in your room. In base Persona 4 there is no penalty for dating multiple girls, but in Golden you get an extra scene where you have to choose.

Also, Chie is best girl, everyone knows this.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're playing Golden with the goal of being a pimp, feel free to date multiple girls if you want some extra scenes on Valentine's Day.

But if monogamy is your way, then stick to one. You can always explore other options in subsequent new game plus runs.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread took an 8 and a half year break and then just kept rolling like nothing happened.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.