Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Citizen

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 11, 2021

A first-person space combat & flight simulation MMO inspired by the Wing Commander series of games.

Free Fly Week

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Hey do you like being a citizen of Stars? Do you like free things? Do you like space?

From now until Friday, I believe, you can explore some of the Star Citizen Alpha for free! I'm finally going to take my brave dive into this game finally and check things out. I've been on the fence for quite some time on putting down 45 bucks for the starter pack.

Mostly just wanted to get the word out.

Details can be found here https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15178-Roundup-Free-Fly-212-Patch-And-Other-Updates

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By selbie
    Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Zirilius

I will state that the Flight Tutorial is actually a stuttering nightmare but the rest of the Arena Commander and just flying around in the universe was pretty great for me. I'm definitely going to get in on this as soon as I get some free cash and damn this game for making me think of looking at computer parts. I thought I was out!

An example of the stuttering mess the Tutorial can be so that you can be prepared. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxzN9jH10bw

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dodgyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Free Fly week is on again until July 22 2016. I'm giving it a try myself.

To gain access, you’ll have to go here to create an account, enter the promo code SUMMERFREEFLY2016, and download the game. Easy peasy.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OurSin_360

So i know this question is probably beat to death but, how does it compare to Elite dangerous? I spent about a good 15hrs in that game just learning how to fly and then kinda stopped playing(play with gamepad). Is it just as difficult to learn or is it a little more arcadey? Basically would a week or a few days even be enough to get a jist of what this game is about? Also is it mulitplayer only? Google searching videos and i still don't have much of a clue about what this game is.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By selbie

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.