Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Citizen

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 11, 2021

A first-person space combat & flight simulation MMO inspired by the Wing Commander series of games.

Star Citizen Free Fly Week from 23 November

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After way too long CIG is finally opening the game up for an entire week with nearly ALL ships available for people to fly in the game. The planet Hurston and it's moons are definitely worth checking out.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//16849-Anniversary-Promotion-Free-Fly-Details

I wish they would do these free-flys more often, but I guess the ship sale addiction has a firm grip on them.

For those wondering about download size the client is roughly 40Gb.

No Caption Provided

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

But like...what do you do??

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu: You show off your expensive spaceship.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would think that if you were going to sell extremely expensive ships to do basically nothing in this sort of test drive feature would be available all the time.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I just went from having absolutely zero interest in ever interacting with this thing to going "sure, I'll find out what this dumb thing actually is for free I guess", so mission success?

Avatar image for not_a_bumblebee
    not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@xanadu said:

I agree they never really make it clear what you do in these alphas. It appears that all you do is just kinda fly around but there has to be more to it then that right? I think I'll pass until there is an actual game to be played but good on you for keeping us updated.

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spacegg

I really like how they implemented Anniversary Event this year. Having a car show type of areas in-game is pretty nice way to show the ships which has been included into the game so far. It wouldn't be a huge surprise to have upcoming CitizenCon shows in game in future.

The only disappointment so far was that they didn't have Draken Interplanetary's Kraken to show as they did with Idris.

Loading Video...

@selbie said:
    I wish they would do these free-flys more often, but I guess the ship sale addiction has a firm grip on them.

I think two to three times is often enough to give those players a change to follow the progress who are just casually interested about the game and wants to check its progress. It works even better now when Object Container Streaming (OCS) got integrated the differences between versions will be pretty huge. Those who finds the project interesting and owns a game package has change to file bug reports and give developer feedback.

@xanadu said:

What ever one wants; test different ships, dogfighting, trading, mining, missions, FPS, PvP / PvE, test game mechanisms, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.