Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Citizen

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 11, 2021

A first-person space combat & flight simulation MMO inspired by the Wing Commander series of games.

Star Citizen lore

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spacegg

CIG has been writing lore posts weekly for years and additionally they have made videos about lore in star systems. The final game should include about 100 star systems although on launch the amount is some tens. One of the ideas of Star Citizen is that they are concentrating depth instead of number of the star systems. As we were told earlier the universe changes according to players and NPCs actions so after some time the state of star systems may differ from what they are on launch.

I'm interested if people here cares about lore and the way they are planning to play Star Citizen. What profession you will choose/play, do you use a space ship or play without, etc.

I'm personally going to play Star Citizen as RPG so lore matters a lot to me. Just a Aurora for start but I have an idea to play without using a ship for a while. Since the game has permadeath it gives good opportunities to play different kind of characters.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, lore should be background, not foreground. The only part of Star Citizen I'm interested in is the Wing-Commander-in-all-but-name single player campaign, but given how all the focus is on lore, and they've released very little on the story and characters, I think it's not a very good sign about how they're approaching this universe.

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevin_cogneto: Those lore posts and videos explains just the background why the star systems are as they are and I think that works fine for Star Citizen. They have mentioned there will be some people from Squadron 42 as well but I don't remember if they have mentioned who those people are.

They have talked about Squadron 42 very little and we have seen only small sneak peeks from different scenes in AtV time to time. I wouldn't surprised to see a new versions from Bishop Senate speech and The Morrow Tour in upcoming Gamescom. In last Citizencon they showed a tiny piece of a mission(?) where they jumped near to Idris in the end - maybe they could show the whole mission this time. SQ42 is developed much more behind the closed door in typical AAA game style. Maybe it is good in spoilers in mind but it would be great to see some more sneak peeks time to time from scenes which doesn't spoil anything.

I'm personally much more interested in Star Citizen than Squadron 42. I expect SQ42 be a cheesy (in a good way) Wing Commander adventure which lots of dogfighting, FPS fights and some sneaking. I hope it will be great fun and entertaining.

spacegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spacegg

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.