Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Citizen

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 11, 2021

A first-person space combat & flight simulation MMO inspired by the Wing Commander series of games.

Star citizen Multicrew Demo

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A bit of context:

They all got into separate ships, then each traveled 3000 km via Quantum Drive (would take 3h under normal speeds) to a derelict Retaliator. EVAed to the ship, where one person went to turn on the local ship gravity and another turned on power. Two people manned turrets and another piloted the ship against another multi-crew attacking ship.

They destroy the enemy ship and quantum back to the space station in their new salvaged ship.

They also played live in the Gamescom stream Skip to 1:33:00 for the first demo (they go through it twice)

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's the full stream, as the Twitch version got muted for half of it:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I've posted a lot of shit about Star Citizen but deep down I hope it manages to be even a quarter of the game it is promised to be. These videos give me hope but deep down I can't shake that whole "if it sounds to good to be true it is" vibe.

I don't know how far off Star Citizen is before it is enough of a game to actually release but wouldn't it be fucked up if it came out before Mighty No. 9?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It all looks really cool and really rough around the edges.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They seem way farther than I thought they'd be. I can't even comprehend what it takes to have players able to walk around inside of a ship that's spinning, shooting, getting shot, and ramming stuff. The fact that a space battle can be going on outside while an FPS battle breaks out inside just sounds impossible. If this works like they showed then I can't help but be excited.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

The beginning of that video gave goosebumps. Boy I hope they sort out all the frame-rate issues and buggyness before release.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I know it's still a ways off but the character animation in that whole sequence looks comically bad, especially when juxtaposed with the terrific looking environment. Kudos to them being willing to show it off regardless, though.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Pretty cool, but there obviously needs to be more work done in basically well..... everything. Which makes me feel a bit nervous about this game. They could release it half finished and just slowly fix the problems until they get to a somewhat serviceable point or actually wait until it's been polished to near perfection, but get backlash from people who demand that the game should have been released already. Either way, they have some serious work to do and I'm interested to see how this game ends up being at launch whenever that is..

UracilHokeNut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the status of the game at the moment? I tried looking up a timeline, but with all the different modules it's very confusing. Is it a playable game? Is it fun enough that it'd stand on its own? How much of the original pitch is implemented?

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What's the status of the game at the moment? I tried looking up a timeline, but with all the different modules it's very confusing. Is it a playable game? Is it fun enough that it'd stand on its own? How much of the original pitch is implemented?

Modules are just vertical slices of major game play elements. They'll start rolling them all into a single thing when the full PU alpha is up and running. They're looking to have that Alpha out and available "soon", presumably means maybe by the end of the year?

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like... there's no way the pull off everything they're trying to do while doing it all well. Something's gotta give. They're making the game that I fantasize about when I'm sitting around talking about what I would put into a game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.