Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

The Steam Sale 2017 Has Arrived

• 131 results
    xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xanadu

Hide your kids, hide your spouses, hide your wallets because the Steam Sale is here and ready to take you for everything you have. Seems to be having the usual day one server loads so far. It's also another all sales at once event. Not that it's particularly surprising but I kind of thought it was more fun the other way. Think I might wait until tomorrow to start picking up games, seeing issues where the price in the search bar is not the same as the price on the game page. Also I was hoping Nier would drop a bit further then what its at right now ($41 right now) But Total Warhammer for 20 bucks doesn't seem like to bad of a deal at all. Ill update my post later with what I officially pick up.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Steam is getting hammered right now.

At least Total Warhammer is cheaper than I expected and just bought it for :(. Steam sale is back?

DLC on sale too. Not complaining too much.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm not able to log-in right now, but I was on Steam about half an hour ago, right after the sale went live. I noticed that only 3 of the 32 games on my wishlist were on sale; which is very different from what usually happens.

I wonder if Steam wasn't fully updated yet, if not everything is on sale every day again (which I thought they couldn't do anymore because of the refund system), or if the sale is not as widespread as it usually is.

I'll check again tonight and see if its any different.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'll check in later, but I saw Headlander for £2.99 and Her Story for £1.74 or something. Definitely getting those.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fezrock said:

I'm not able to log-in right now, but I was on Steam about half an hour ago, right after the sale went live. I noticed that only 3 of the 32 games on my wishlist were on sale; which is very different from what usually happens.

I wonder if Steam wasn't fully updated yet, if not everything is on sale every day again (which I thought they couldn't do anymore because of the refund system), or if the sale is not as widespread as it usually is.

I'll check again tonight and see if its any different.

The wishlist isn't working properly right now, they are getting absolutely slammed. I clicked into a few games on my wishlist which showed as being full-price, but their store page showed a sale price. Guess we'll have to wait a bit.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WynnDuffy
    • GTA V
    • XCOM 2
    • Rocksmith Iron Maiden and Beastie Boys song packs
    • NIER Automata (Maybe)

Good stuff so far, well I can't actually buy any of it yet but I did see the sale prices

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Sigh, I miss the days when Steam Sales had deep discounts and flash sales :(

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the first time the sale actually hit me by surprise, didn't realize it was starting today until I went to the homepage and was hit with the familiar error page. This may be the first steam sale where I don't buy anything, i only bought 3 or 4 games during the last sale after making a rule for myself that I can only buy something if I'm absolutely going to play it next. Not really seeing anything on a decent enough sale like that for me right now, maybe I'll finally get around to picking up Sniper Elite 3 after putting it off every sale.

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna wait another hour or two. Some highlighted sales on their homepage aren't even discounted yet. Most likely applies to a lot of my wishlisted games too.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By YoThatLimp

I'm probably going to grab:

Shadow of Mordor GOTY - $3.99

Doom - $15

Fallout 4 - $15

Final Fantasy VI - $7

Was hoping for some better prices of Nier and the Surge, but I get they are recent games.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

guess i buy that Dead Rising 4. Did that game really happen ! it feels fake !

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#12  Edited By mike

XCOM 2 is a few dollars cheaper than when it was on sale last time, but if you've waited this long...

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Nex Machina just came out a few days ago and is on -30% sale for a final price of 13.99!

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Trilogy

Heaaavy loooaad.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss 75% discounts.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah the store must be getting destroyed right now, I eventually managed to get Dark Souls 3 into my cart but the discount price disappeared, tried again half an hour later and it was discounted in my cart but every time I click "purchase for myself" I get an error. Been waiting on this sale to pick up DS3 cause I upgraded my rig about 3 weeks ago and new the sale was coming soon so I held off. I'll probably be going to bed in 3 hours tops (and it'll probably take at least 2-3 hours to DL) but I still want to make the purchase dammit!

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prey is 40$ Mafia 3 15$ some good sales.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Picked up Disgaea 2 and Shadows of Mordor. Really disappointed the Trails in the Sky games aren't on a steeper discount - 10% and 33% off each seems bad, but maybe those games were released more recently than I remember.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll consider these:

Dishonored 2 at 50% off, Deus EX MD at 75% off, salt and sanctuary, act of aggression, infra, wasteland 2 at 75% off looks good, maaaybe hollow knight or full throttle remastered

Drakoji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poveren: I recommend highly Hollow Knight, especially at that price.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Look at all these hot deals.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never seen Steam go down this long before during a sale, what a shitshow

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By onarum

@beachthunder said:

Flash sales only made so you wouldn't buy anything unless it was on a flash sale, had to wait till the very last day to be sure whatever you wanted to buy didn't get a better discount in between, I kinda prefer this way, games get the discounts they were going to get in the first place and that's it.

Plus I feel we end up getting the "deep discounts" anyway, games that got those 75/80% off prices on said flash sales were already set to get those discounts from the get go I bet, they just rolled them out a group at a time (and they got a lower discount in the meantime).

I guess Valve realized how silly that was and that's why it ended.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Best discount I've seen so far is Massive Chalice 90% off for $1.99

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems pretty normal to me, it's always been a complete shitshow for at least the first 8 hours every sale for the past 5 or 6 years.

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The reason they got rid of flash sales is because they implemented the refund policy.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panfoot said:
    @wynnduffy said:

It seems pretty normal to me, it's always been a complete shitshow for at least the first 8 hours every sale for the past 5 or 6 years.

I've had a good time before, but there are probably some regional differences in the servers we connect to

DT9k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drakoji said:

@poveren: I recommend highly Hollow Knight, especially at that price.

Same. Hollow Knight is GREAT.

Peleus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usually the Store is bad for 1-2 hours but 4 hours later and still having issues even going to the 2nd page on top sellers.

Might pick up Nier: Automata since i have heard so many good things.

Really just trying to find something that might get me back to playing games again been in a real slump for a while. Hopefully something on this sale peaks my interest.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Store's up and running for me now. You'd think Steam would have gotten a handle on this by now? They're better than they used to be, I guess, because I can remember download speeds also taking a dump during the early sales.

Picked up The Sexy Brutale, Nex Machina, The Last Door and Formula Fusion, and am pretty interested in The Surge at 25% off. £29.99 seems to be more it's value.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Damn it to shit, went in to buy Agatha Christie so my total game count wasn't sitting at 666, and wound up buying a four pack of adventure games. That's it. I'm done, Steam sale! No more... at least until payday.

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BoboBones

Stephen's Sausage Roll, XCOM 2, Dishonored 2, and Pillars of Eternity are so tempting. Problem is I just spent all my money money because I found a Nintendo Switch in stock last week.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcin: Can confirm. I just looked again and now 28 of the 32 games on my wishlist are on sale.

Sigh. This is gonna be expensive.

Peleus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought Nier: Automata, Full Throttle Remastered, Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Firewatch.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#37  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I'm a little confused, either it's a translation error on the Swedish front page or it seems like they brought back the "daily deals" thing, instead of just "today's featured games"? There's no timer for the dailies though.

There's apparently also a whole thing with Paradox Interactive titles suddenly getting higher prices during the sale, which they'll roll back after the sale and give some kind of compensation for, Paradox put out a statement here, but gave very little detail about what had actually happened and by how much prices had increased. I had planned on getting the Stellaris expansion during the sale, and that mess kinda makes me wonder if I should hold off on that.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now I've bought: Shadow of Mordor, Hyperlight Drifter, Her Story, Please Don't Touch Anything, Hollow Knight, Dishonored 2, Watch Dogs 2, Steamworld Heist, and Superhot.

Considering I won't even touch any of these games for at least a few weeks, that may be plenty for this sale.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#39  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I guess it was probably too much to ask for The Surge to be $30 only a month after it came out, huh? That's fair. Guess that'll be a Fall or Winter purchase for me then. On the other hand, still kinda nuts that Civ VI is as expensive as it is, 8 months after the initial release. I'd like to play that game, but given the general indifferent shrug it got upon release, I'm going to wait for it to get cheaper than that.

Ended up getting:

• Glittermitten Grove
    • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
    • Danganronpa 1 and 2
    • Might and Magic: Heroes VII Complete (This one is more for the sake of morbid curiosity, and may very well get refunded before the two hour/two week window closes) EDIT: Yeah, the game won't even launch, so I sent a refund request. After some thought, I don't even think I need to indulge myself here.
    Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mirado

Man, no discount on the Nier:Automata DLC? That thing is not worth $14, no matter how much I loved the base game; I was really hoping the summer sale would make me feel better about blowing some cash on it, but alas.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#41  Edited By Captain_Insano

PUBG not on sale :(

I think GMG has a deal on it

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see I'll still be waiting for GTA V on PC to hit $20. I guess it's just as well, Rockstar's in hot water at the moment with the mod scene anyway.

DLC doesn't seem to go on sale anymore, at least not like it used to. None of the Civ VI DLC looked to be on sale.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's 'Today's highlighted deals' in English. :)

@fisk0 said:

I'm a little confused, either it's a translation error on the Swedish front page or it seems like they brought back the "daily deals" thing, instead of just "today's featured games"? There's no timer for the dailies though.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@dave_tacitus: Alright, thanks. Was leaning towards that as the Swedish translation of Steam always has been pretty poor.

I ended up buying the Stellaris DLC, Doom and The Surge so far. I had Trackmania Lagoon and Endless Space 2 in my cart, but ended up removing them since they weren't on sale and I kinda didn't want to spend 160€ on games at the moment.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By nicksmi56

Was hoping for bigger discounts. Between the games I've already planned on picking up later this year and being unemployed at the moment, the only game I might get from this would be Guacamelee, and even that's a debate. Wish Shovel Knight was cheaper.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steam is my go-to for smaller and niche games; I picked up 15 games for under 50 bucks so I'm pretty pleased right now. I could have easily bought another 10-15 games that were priced under $7 but I figured that would be overkill... there's always next year's sale.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 fisk0  Moderator

I especially miss publisher bundles. I remember picking up the entire Novalogic catalogue for like $15 back in 2010, and something like 70 1C and Strategy First games (most of which admittedly were garbage) for $20 around 2009.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I could get excited about Steam sales but I feel if if your anything like me the magic wears off if you been using Steam for years you pretty much already own all the games that you really wanted awesome for new PC gamers though.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Working perfectly. Anyway, time to buy more cheap games i wont be playing soon.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm glad to see them go. Not only did I end up spending more money back then, but I spent too much time during the sale keeping track of the flash sales just in case something I really wanted could cost just another 10 or 20 percent less.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.