Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Set in a far-flung, mech-filled future, Titanfall is the first first-person shooter built by Respawn Entertainment, the studio formed by ex-employees of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward.

Titanfall 360 pushed back two weeks (April 8th)

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

http://kotaku.com/titanfall-for-the-xbox-360-delayed-until-april-1547063509

What in the hell is going on?!

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That game is on fire.

Honestly I think two things about that situation.

1. Microsoft is trying to get as many people as possible to buy an XB1 for Titanfall.

2. Respawn is unhappy with the quality of that port since and want to improve it as much as possible.

Two seems more likely. With most of the games sales coming from that version Respawn probably wants it to be as good as possible since those customers, regardless of future platforms, will be more likely to buy the sequel.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CByrne

It's fishy to me, so it's been delay a full month collectively by now. That's not a lot of time to fix stuff and publish/test the patch.

Hopefully it comes out good and not half baked.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Milkman

Two ways to look at this:

1. The game is actively on fire.

ooorrrrr...*puts on tinfoil hat*

2. Microsoft is continuing to push the game back and show as little as possible in order to completely maximize sales for the Xbox One version (as well as the Xbox One itself) before everyone finds out that the 360 version is largely identical.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@milkman said:

Two ways to look at this:

1. The game is actively on fire.

ooorrrrr...*puts on tinfoil hat*

2. Microsoft is continuing to push the game back and show as little as possible in order to completely maximize sales for the Xbox One version (as well as the Xbox One itself) before everyone finds out that the 360 version is largely identical.

...or they've found a game made for a next generation console pretty hard to scale back to consoles that should have been replaced in 2011 or 2012.

I don't know if that's the case for sure, but I just have this feeling that it is. I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

There were reports before news of the delay that the frame rate was pretty gnarly. When it comes down to it, I'm not surprised by this news. I'm more miffed about it.

There has been HOW LONG to work on this goddamn game, and it keeps getting pushed back? Seriously, it's kind of a joke at this point.

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

@jakob187: Considering the frame rate can get pretty gnarly on the Xbox One version, I think it's pretty much certain that the 360 version won't have a stable frame rate.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.