Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE 2K22

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Mar 11, 2022

After taking a two and a half year break, 2K's WWE franchise returns just in time for WrestleMania 38.

Is it just me or does the animation in the WWE 2K22 game look...bad?

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I almost certainly wasn't going to get this anyway because I don't really want to support WWE2K22 for just so many reasons, but these animations look almost 7th gen to me. Especially when they shake the ropes, which look like wavy tube man arms to me.

Maybe I'm just being overly critical because I'm kind of disgusted with the company, but this does not look good to me and it seems like they might be trying to hide it by having so much of the trailer focus on live action jokes rather than the game itself.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's been a couple of years since I've played one of those games, but it looks as stilted, and robotic, and janky as I remember those games always looking in regard to its animations.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

2K20 came out in 2019, and they skipped 2K21 entirely.

More than anything, I think these games are just in FIFA/NBA 2K/Madden annualized sports game territory of 'what are people gonna do, not buy it?'

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not just you.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

New trailer and this one is more of a mixed bag. Some of the character models look pretty good and some of the animations are passable (especially like the wobble of muscle when Roman Reigns poounds the mat) but others still look awful, especially the Big E animation and basically any time wrestlers do moves to each other where it looks like a kid with invisible hands playing with action figures. Weirdly it looks like a lot of the moves are "worked" (i.e. pulled punches and apparent co-operation because none of the bodies seem to have any weight to them.) This may be a result of the mo-cap process but I thought one of the whole points of the video game version is that the bodies actually can hit each other full force because these aren't real people. I can forgive when a move is obviously worked in a real wrestling match because safety is more important than making things look good, but that's obviously not a consideration here.

I'm not really considering buying this game so it shouldn't matter to me but I'm interested to see if the attempt at a revamp actually works and if people think it looks good. I'll be watching the reception when it comes out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.