Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Apple Arcade

Concept »

Apple Arcade is Apple's game subscription service for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Mac devices. It launched early for some iOS 13 public beta users on September 16, 2019, with a full release three days later.

What's good on here?

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

What's your favorite Apple Arcade game so far?

I've only played Frogger (which seems bad), and Chu Chu Rocket, which seems fine I guess but feels very much like a mobile game (with 3 star completion rating for each level and everything... ugh).

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

So far I’ve only tried Chu Chu Rocket(to which I share your feelings) and Lego Brawls, I’m so much that I mean I’ve downloaded it, played the brief tutorial, and have not been able to pair with other players. So yeah, smashing start so far.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SSully

I’ve been going between Grondstone and MiniMotorWays, both of which are pretty enjoyable.

MiniMotorWays is the sequel to MiniMetro - I enjoyed MiniMetro but found it a little shallow. This game seems to have a little more depth in upgrades and just because of the nature of roads being more freeform then rails. Pretty fun!

Grindstone is kind of a Match 3 adventure game on steroids. It’s more about chaining long matches instead of 3, and it’s really satisfying to play. Has a similar feel as Pac-Man Championship Edition DX. Also, the art is really great. Very colorful.

I also tried Card of Darkness, the new game by Zach Gage. I was really looking forward to this because he has made some of the best iPhone games. Simply put, I really don’t like this. It’s supposed to be a card based rogue like, but the gameplay is just kind of boring and very unclear. This is surprising, because his games are usually very simple, and straightforward - almost to the point where anyone can pick them up in a minute or two.

So far i think AppleArcade is promising. I am waiting for it to come out on iPad since some games just seem more involved then what I would want on a phone and could benefit from the bigger screen and controller.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fear_the_Booboo

Sayonara Wild Hearts is supposed to be the killer app there but it’s not really a phone game first, I’m sure it’s playable on phone but I’m personally waiting for the Apple TV to have arcade (September 30th) before trying.

Abby liked Mutazione from what she said on the Beastcast, it’s there (might be better on a TV too).

They’ve already been named but I‘m liking Grindstone and Mini Motorways a bunch. The latter’s interface is a little fiddly I’ve found but not enough to be super problematic.

Assembled with care is made by USTwo of Monument Valley fame, so I’m expecting this one to be good too.

NeoCab will be on there in October and that game got some positive buzz around it.

Frankly it seems like a ton of value for someone like me who plays some games on their phone regularly. I’m eager to try the rest but I haven’t had time.

c4p3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I have also played Grindstone and Card of Darkness. I like both a lot and think they work well for mobile. I am getting my whole ass handed to me by Card of Darkness, but still enjoying it.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

Sayonara Wild Hearts is worth checking out if only for the incredible soundtrack and visuals. It’s not much of a “game,” and what is there doesn’t work very well with touch controls. I had a much better time using my PS4 controller Bluetooth’d to the phone.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I dont own any apple stuff but Shantae and the Seven Sirens looks alright, if you like metroid style games. I think it's only the first half and probably requires a controller though, seems like a weird fit for apple arcade but that's probably why i'm interested in it. (that and I liked the other games)

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Hey, just updated my phone and giving AA a try. Now that ppl have had some time to mess with the service, what are some of the stand outs? Downloading Sayonara Wild Hearts and What the Golf? right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.