Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Apple IIgs

Platform »

The Apple ][gs - which stood for "Graphics and Sound" - was Apple's upgraded version of the popular Apple ][ line of computers. The system was capable of playing standard Apple ][ games, as well as games made specifically for the GS.

Apple ][gs was my first home computer

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop

My parents spent a fortune on one of these when they first came out, and I was one of the only kids in my class who typed and printed out his papers in grammar school.  We had one of the "Woz" limited edition models, which had Steve Wozniak's signature on the case.

RavenShade83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RavenShade83

right there with ya, it was my first comp as well. I still remember my parents surprising me with it when I was younger. Started me down a winding path that eventually turned into a love of CG art.

megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By megalowho

Mine as well. I remember clicking bugs on the windshield and playing the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy text game on a floppy. Good times.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mordukai

Mine was the Atari 800XL. I remember loading games through a tape deck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.