Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Apple Inc.

Company »

Apple Inc., originally Apple Computer, is a computer company founded in 1977 by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. Famous for creating and owning both the software and hardware of their computers, they pursued this strategy in other consumer products, with the most notable being the iPod and iPhone.

Apple Seriously Put Intel HD For Their New MBP? O_o

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Well, it's that time of year again for me...when I get a new laptop every two years.  My last one was back in 2009, and it was a 13" MBP.  It's been running great for me and honestly I wouldn't upgrade but I do tend to change these every two years during the summer. 

Was planning on keeping it with OSX for a full decade but I just saw the new models and they seriously put the Intel HD chipset instead of a Nvidia one.   

No Caption Provided
    For a little more than half that price I can now get an Alienware M11x that'll be twice as strong, and I can dual boot that into Ubuntu if I wanted to.  But man, going from OSX to Windows 7 is going to be a bitch.  -_- 

Seriously, what the fuck was Apple thinking by putting a god damn Intel HD into their PRO line?!  O_o
    groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By groin

13 inch laptops are for chicks, though.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Brendan

Yeah...

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By flaminghobo

Apple products are always overpriced than their actual value as a product anyway.                                   
    mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mnzy

Also, don't buy Alienware. Buy a real PC for gaming and not that overpriced yet still very slow and heavy piece of ass.

Emperor_Jimmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Emperor_Jimmu

I recently got a new laptop, Asus 17.3" G series. It is the most powerful machine I have ever owned, 1.5gb Nvidia is really impressive. Nice rubberised finish, fantastic display, never gets hot. Obviously portability is limited by the size and it is incredibly thirsty, playing games or HD video it only lasts about an hour.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Intel HD video card is related to battery life.

I still use my iMac most of the time though, I don't get on very well with Windows 7, I have no idea where anything is.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By xyzygy

Typical overpricing from Apple. It's just another reason why they're a fashion statement. The same reason girls buy expensive dresses just for the brand name. 

@Emperor_Jimmu: Let me tell you, Asus laptops last. I have an F3Sv which was manufactured at the beginning of 2007 and it's still going strong, a very sturdy, well built and very competent laptop. Now, It's a gaming laptop but a very low end model that I have, they came in more powerful versions but I didn't need it. Asus makes the best laptops IMO.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By FancySoapsMan

lolmacslol

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeeGee

Who still thinks Alienware is any good in this day and age, really?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By KaosAngel
    @DeeGee: Alienware M11x is really good, Tested.com crew says its the best sub 1000 dollar laptop on market.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Afroman269
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    " lolmacslol "
    reddin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By reddin

It's a shame, but I don't really game on my laptops anyway.  
    Also, my MacBook is well over three years old now, and I see no reason to buy a new one.
    I don't see myself buying a new one anytime soon unless it gets destroyed or stolen.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By sjupp
    @KaosAngel said:

" @DeeGee: Alienware M11x is really good, Tested.com crew says its the best sub 1000 dollar laptop on market. "

Dollar.
    Laptop.
    alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By alternate

It was always going to have to have integrated rather than dedicated gfx - even on the so called "pro" - so what difference does it make Nvidia or Intel, given what you can actually do on these laptops both seem adequate.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.