Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Apple Inc.

Company »

Apple Inc., originally Apple Computer, is a computer company founded in 1977 by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. Famous for creating and owning both the software and hardware of their computers, they pursued this strategy in other consumer products, with the most notable being the iPod and iPhone.

Apple thinks that a software patch will "fix" antenna problems?!?

fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fynne

I'd like to sample the drugs that they're taking because they must be really good.  From the stories that I've been reading, Apple is releasing a patch to "fix" the formula that they use to calculate the display of power bars on the display.  Unless those bars actually determine whether you get a dropped connection, this will be nothing but a cosmetic fix.  Apple needs to step up and admit that there's an actual hardware problem and either recall it or provide their case free.  It's weird that the iPhone 4 is still flying off the shelves even though everyone knows about the antenna problem.  I guess Apple doesn't have to do anything if people are still buying.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

Their bars were a lie.  I'm no pro on Apple products but they're probably gonna change the bars to accurately reflect signal strength.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Baillie

In reality it isn't that big of a problem. I only got a dropped connection when I tried to make it drop. Some other times when I've tried it, it's not affected the network at all.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @fynne: There's a very informative and interesting article on what the signal bars actually represent, here
    Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Get over the antenna issue. I know it's a big deal but one or two mentions about it is fine, but everyone talking about doesnt change anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.