Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ArmA II

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 26, 2009

ArmA II: Ultimate Military Simulator is, as the title would suggest, a Military Simulation game developed by Bohemia Interactive. Experience the intensity of lifelike combat situations in one of the most realistic soldier sims available.

Steam weekend sale : 50% off, should I get it?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Diamond

I would like to know the state of the game after all those patches.  Are you still playing the game?  What do you think of it overall now that some time has passed?  Is it worth $25?  I've played the demo, but the demo code is out of date by now.

I'm very much on the wall about the game overall, I would be buying it more to mess around, not to get into the most hardcore aspects of the game.  I owned the original Operation Flashpoint and mostly got into the editor making cool battles.

Anything people have to say about the current state of the game, or if they're going to get it themselves would be welcome.

Dejkrigeren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dejkrigeren

To me much of the appeal of ArmA lies in the people you play it with. Getting headshottet randomly while driving a  truck is no fun unless you can  giggle like schoolgirls about it with friends. So I guess what I'm getting at is if you know somebody you can piss about with in-game it's gonna be a blast, otherwise meh.

As far as the technical side goes, it has definitly improved over the last few months, with the campaign actually working and a bit of tweaking here and there.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Diamond
    @Dejkrigeren said:

To me much of the appeal of ArmA lies in the people you play it with. Getting headshottet randomly while driving a  truck is no fun unless you can  giggle like schoolgirls about it with friends. So I guess what I'm getting at is if you know somebody you can piss about with in-game it's gonna be a blast, otherwise meh.

No chance that anyone I know will play the game with me, is there a decent online community still?  So no fun in solo dicking?
    Dejkrigeren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dejkrigeren

There is definitly fun solo-dicking but it gets pretty lonely, which is why I think playing with your friends is the best way.
    Last time I checked there was a decent amount of servers online, not CoD level but enough to find a game.
    But you can always play around with the mission editor, which I'm not really the best person to ask about since I basically always end up spawning all the airplanes I can and blow some sh*t up. (The C-130J is a lot of fun doing stunts in)
    As far as the Campaign goes, then I liked the structure of it (Detective with M4 at some parts) but it always had the feeling that there wasn't a lot of story behind it.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Funzzo

its an ok game I might get get back into it.  I found the game kinda glitchy at first but there have been lots of patches. Also check out operation flashpoint dragon rising. 

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Diamond

I went ahead and bought it.  I hope I have fun with it.  Oh well, downloading.

Dejkrigeren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dejkrigeren

I hope you have fun with it.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By CL60

the voices are gonna piss you off.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By beargirl1
    @CL60 said:
    " the voices are gonna piss you off. "
    0000011717 HOSTILE MAN DOWN 
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Diamond
    @CL60 said:
    the voices are gonna piss you off.
    Based on the demo, the voices piss me off more when they're trying to have authentic voice acting than the robot voices.

I'm coming back with scalps?  I'm the biggest fucker around here?  AHHHHHHHHH
    Dejkrigeren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dejkrigeren

The sound when your whole team gets wiped cracks me up every time
     "shit 1 is down"
    "shit 2 is down"
    "3 I am the new actual"
    "Fuck 3 is down"
    "4 I am the new actual"  
    (sound of perforated skull)
    MISSION FAIL

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.