Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ArmA III

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 12, 2013

Arma 3 is the third core game in the simulation and modern combat Arma franchise developed by Bohemia Interactive.

Low fps on 680

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Isnt it in alpha? There is bound to be crazy stuff happening.

Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
    SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm having some issues with my Twin Frozr III 7950 Boost and an 8120. I suspect it's an issue with thread optimization, since when I'm not looking at an open area, I'm fine, but as soon as I do it's Single Digit FPS City, Population: Me.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Subjugation

I have no idea what my fps is because I haven't run fraps while playing, but I can tell you that with an Intel CPU and an AMD GPU I have a similar situation. I really wouldn't worry about it though because the game is, obviously, still in alpha. None the optimization is going to happen for quite some time, so for the time being your CPU cores and the load on the GPU are going to be poorly utilized. I have an i5-2500k at 4.5 GHz and I still notice slowdown in the situation you mentioned, or whenever explosions go off. Just keep calm and wait for the optimization passes.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I assume you've messed around with the different visual settings in the options menu, right? The game had defaulted to running 8x AA for me and cutting that down to 2x and turning off V-Sync eliminated pretty much all frameyness (XFX 7870 w/ 2GB DDR5, your card should be a fair bit better). It is alpha and could definitely just be optimization issues, but I'd suggest just tooling around with lowering different settings and effects until you get something stable for your card. Seems unlikely that your processor's causing any issue.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I got the same CPU as you and I use the Cooler Master Hyper 212 cpu fan and can overclock easily at 4.2ghz, not a bad upgrade for a $15 cooler.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its alpha so it runs like ass atm and ive read that the game is very CPU heavy..

ppl are getting shitty framerates even with processors overclocked to 4.5Ghz

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By monetarydread

@zenmastah said:

Its alpha so it runs like ass atm and ive read that the game is very CPU heavy..

ppl are getting shitty framerates even with processors overclocked to 4.5Ghz

All previous ARMA games have been more CPU dependent than GPU dependent because of epic amount of simulation calculations going on. Everything in this game is determined by intense physics models (for example the game has a wind system) and this makes every gamer cry.

Also, if you look at ARMA II, it performs a fuck tonne better on Intel chips because of the extra horsepower (the game takes advantage of features like hyper threading).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.