Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Armikrog

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 30, 2015

A stop motion, point-and-click adventure comedy game by Doug TenNapel, Mike Dietz, and Ed Schofield; with music by Terry Scott Taylor.

New game from TenNapel & crew (Earthworm Jim, The Neverhood)

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

I don't know much about it as there really isn't much about it, but they do have a Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/armikrog

These guys make great games, so I'm excited for whatever this turns out to be.

Here are some concept art images and stuff:

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Thanks for the heads up, I love Earthworm Jim so I can't wait to see what this will be like. :3

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ShaggE

I can't believe that I've just now heard about this. I've been wanting a spiritual successor to Neverhood since... well... The Neverhood. Guess it's time to finally back a Kickstarter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This might be the first Kickstarter project that I back.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's too bad that TenNapel is a homophobic asshole.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FunkasaurasRex
    @bocam said:

Yup. I couldn't possibly justify handing him my money given the garbage he's spewed.

20ozmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By 20ozmonkey
    @bocam said:

Man, this isn't a thing I knew about until now. I'm almost more weirded out by his "America is awesome because it's 78.5% Christian" than the homophobic stuff.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@bocam said:

Really?

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bocam
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a shame some people have the inability to separate the art from the artist. Especially when the 'art' is as innocuous as Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood of all things.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soapy86: I still love Earthworm Jim, I just won't give him money.

Avatar image for commandergermanshepard
    CommanderGermanShepard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam said:

Just because someone doesn't believe in gay marriage doesn't make them homophobic, that would be being against homosexuality in general. He is just against the right to marry as he has been brought up religious, people need to respect other peoples opinions on this issue, I for one have no problem with gay marriage because I am not religious and recently my country passed the gay marriage into law, the 3 horsemen didn't come down, or anything that was advertised on the west baptist churches picket signs, but to go after someone that doesn't agree with you is really wrong and no different than what the religious people are doing on the other side of the argument. The guy makes cool games that is all that should matter, do you not watch any Disney properties either because Walt Disney was a huge racist?

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vuud

So stoked about this, especially after seeing the voice cast here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949537745/armikrog (Michael J. Nelson!). Why did TNP take such a long break from the industry anyway?

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By sawtooth

The music is being done by Terry S. Taylor.

That was the trump card for me.

Splatoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Splatoon

@commandergermanshepard said:
    @bocam said:

Just because someone doesn't believe in gay marriage doesn't make them homophobic, that would be being against homosexuality in general. He is just against the right to marry as he has been brought up religious, people need to respect other peoples opinions on this issue, I for one have no problem with gay marriage because I am not religious and recently my country passed the gay marriage into law, the 3 horsemen didn't come down, or anything that was advertised on the west baptist churches picket signs, but to go after someone that doesn't agree with you is really wrong and no different than what the religious people are doing on the other side of the argument. The guy makes cool games that is all that should matter, do you not watch any Disney properties either because Walt Disney was a huge racist?

"Listen, I'm not racist, I just don't believe in interracial marriage." Also, there's a bit of a difference in supporting Walt Disney since death has put a pretty hard damper on his anti-Semitism. It is good to see though that people seem to be voting with their wallets.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jimmyfenix

@bocam said:

Avatar image for commandergermanshepard
    CommanderGermanShepard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splatoon said:

@bocam said:

"Listen, I'm not racist, I just don't believe in interracial marriage." Also, there's a bit of a difference in supporting Walt Disney since death has put a pretty hard damper on his anti-Semitism. It is good to see though that people seem to be voting with their wallets.

A think a man and a women getting married from different ethnic backgrounds is a lot different than a man marrying a man.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Why would the fact that the guy is not for a homosexual marriage make him homophobic? He doesn't hate them, he just thinks that this institution is very dependant on gender (between man and woman ya know), especially when you consider it a religious ritual. Man, we live in incredibly PC society.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Topic derailed in less than 5 posts, good job.

On topic, I really like his work and his style. He's always had a peculiar vision and I'm glad he's back making games.

schreiberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he makes a good game ill play it, i dont see the point in depriving yourself of something good just because you dont agree with the creator.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By fobwashed

@splatoon said:

@bocam said:

A think a man and a women getting married from different ethnic backgrounds is a lot different than a man marrying a man.

Not really. It's a person marrying a person and has no impact on your life. If a dude loves a dude or a lady loves a lady, why the hell should they not be allowed the same rights as the rest of us? Take a minute to try to understand why exactly it is that you're against it besides it "just being wrong" or whatever and maybe you can learn a bit about yourself. The only real defense for it I can think of (that I wouldn't even want to begin a discussion about) is the whole religious angle but that only applies to an individual not being cool with it. Every religion pretty much thinks all other religions are totally wrong but they're not trying to keep the government from outlawing other religions so I don't see why they would use religion to attempt to prevent gay marriage. Go out there and picket against the Jewish or Christians or Scientologists or whatever instead =P

That being said, I had an email conversation with the the PvP guy Scott Kurtz and according to him and his personal relationship with the guy, he's not as bad as people are trying to make him out to be. I backed the game when I first heard about it and was disappointed when I found out his views but I didn't feel they were extreme enough that I shouldn't enjoy his work. Now if he were actively funding anti-gay stuff and super publicly saying crazy shit, that'd be different but he's just a dude with an opinion and as much as I think he's closed minded about gay marriage, I'm not equally close minded about understanding that people will have different opinions. I bet I disagree on a bunch of shit with people I interact with on a daily basis and hell, I'm friends with some people who are probably racist. If they were all up in my face with racism and saying crazy nonsense all the time, then I wouldn't be friends with them but I'm not gonna lose a friend because they don't share my exact beliefs as long as it doesn't affect others. If Doug were donkey punching gay people and shouting on youTube about how wrong it all is, then yeah, I wouldn't back him but otherwise, whatever. People are different, let's just hope everyone gets better and more understanding of each other as time goes on.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

It's not looking very good for this one.

This is probably the one project I would want to be successful over all the others but I can see why Kickstarter is starting to lose it's audience.

I've backed 6 Kickstarters so far including this one, 1 failed to fund (this'll be the second), 1 is seriously over due (John K arggghhh), none of the others have come out yet.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I respect Tenapel's comics output and involvement in games, but I'm also pretty reluctant to give him any money.

I wish people like him would just keep their more obnoxious opinions to themselves. I wish even more he wasn't an ignorant ass in the first place, but he has a right to his dumb opinion--but we can also let him know we don't agree with him by not paying for stuff he makes.

Splatoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That being said, I had an email conversation with the the PvP guy Scott Kurtz and according to him and his personal relationship with the guy, he's not as bad as people are trying to make him out to be. I backed the game when I first heard about it and was disappointed when I found out his views but I didn't feel they were extreme enough that I shouldn't enjoy his work. Now if he were actively funding anti-gay stuff and super publicly saying crazy shit, that'd be different but he's just a dude with an opinion and as much as I think he's closed minded about gay marriage, I'm not equally close minded about understanding that people will have different opinions. I bet I disagree on a bunch of shit with people I interact with on a daily basis and hell, I'm friends with some people who are probably racist. If they were all up in my face with racism and saying crazy nonsense all the time, then I wouldn't be friends with them but I'm not gonna lose a friend because they don't share my exact beliefs as long as it doesn't affect others. If Doug were donkey punching gay people and shouting on youTube about how wrong it all is, then yeah, I wouldn't back him but otherwise, whatever. People are different, let's just hope everyone gets better and more understanding of each other as time goes on.

I'd say his actual comments were pretty heinous (i.e. comparing a gay couple marrying to taking a shit). There's also a difference between accepting someone's right to freedom of expression and throwing money at them. Obviously that's a personal line everyone has to draw for themselves, but given the number of talented artists out there who aren't spewing that kind of idiocy, I can't find much incentive to support him even if Scott Kurtz thinks he's a totally cool guy. oraknabo hit the nail on the head; you're inevitably going to end up supporting talented people with reprehensible views, but once the cat's out of the bag the "but what about X other artist who may be worse?" argument starts to ring hollow. David Perry may secretly be throwing babies of bridges, like, all the time, but I know what TenNapel is selling and personally I'm glad people aren't buying.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

@splatoon said:

@fobwashed said:

I'd say his actual comments were pretty heinous (i.e. comparing a gay couple marrying to taking a shit). There's also a difference between accepting someone's right to freedom of expression and throwing money at them. Obviously that's a personal line everyone has to draw for themselves, but given the number of talented artists out there who aren't spewing that kind of idiocy, I can't find much incentive to support him even if Scott Kurtz thinks he's a totally cool guy. oraknabo hit the nail on the head; you're inevitably going to end up supporting talented people with reprehensible views, but once the cat's out of the bag the "but what about X other artist who may be worse?" argument starts to ring hollow. David Perry may secretly be throwing babies of bridges, like, all the time, but I know what TenNapel is selling and personally I'm glad people aren't buying.

While I'm against his statement, I also don't believe in sensationalizing something to be bigger than it is. He said something about gay marriage being like a guy using the ladies room and there was a shit being taken but I would say that he's more comparing the act of someone using a bathroom labeled for the other sex than him comparing it to straight taking a dump. Either way, it's wrong, but I think there are varying degrees of wrongness and one is way worse than the other.

I totally understand the angle of not supporting someone that has dickhead views or does stupid shit but in this specific instance, I don't think it crosses my line. After I heard the initial shots fired that he was a bigot, my first thought was to cancel my pre-order but before I did that, I searched the web and pretty much all I could come up with was that one conversation so he's not some dude just out saying mad amounts of shit. I can guarantee that I've said much worse joking around when I was younger and stupider than what he said and while he may still have the same views, someone who is actually in contact with him personally that I respect says he's alright. Also, there are others involved in this project that I would be happy to support. It's unfortunate that he's anti-gay marriage but his work is actually unique enough to me personally that I really want to play the game he's working on. I fucking loved Neverhood and I haven't seen a game like it since. I'm not comparing him to other artists but since it's on the table. . .

Someone I have a larger problem with personally is Orson Scott Card. I fucking love the Ender's Game series and am really looking forward to the movie. . . but that guy is hardcore in his bigotry. I'm pretty certain that he's even funded multiple anti-gay foundations. . . But goddammit he can write well. . . He is my shining example of the whole "separate the art from the artist" thing. Well, him and maybe Mel Gibson. . . I still have fond memories of a lot of movies that crazy ass has been in. . . Man, the world is fucked up and both sides are thinking the same shit. I dunno, this whole thing feels like it's a larger conversation that doesn't really have a solution short of "dumb people with stupid views need to get smarter and share the same opinions as me. The right opinions." The damn stupidest shit I've heard though are people saying that they'll just pirate it because that's just another flimsy ass excuse to steal someone's work. How the hell are you going to say you're so against someone that you'll steal from them and all the other prolly normal people that have worked on whatever it is you're pirating, and then to top it off, most likely enjoy the experience these bad people have created? I'm not saying don't pirate (even though you shouldn't), all I'm saying is to just man the fuck up and tell it like it is. That you just don't wanna pay for something you want to experience =P

Anyway, I'm prolly gonna end up watching Ender's Game when it releases and hopefully enjoy it. I do what I can, and I know it's not enough but I'm not gonna be angry at everyone that's stupid and prevent myself from enjoying life while I can. Best I can do is donate a few bucks to an organization that is pro gay marriage. Pretty sure that'll have more an impact on the issue than whatever small percentage of my movie ticket that bastard is getting. Honestly though, if anyone wants to get all high and mighty about shit on me, they can go right on ahead and I can go right on not giving a shit about their opinion any more than I do about Doug's or Orson's -_-;;

Long ass post to splatoon that doesn't really need to be read -_-;; Figured I'd put it into a block to not dirty things up.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoilers - they made their KS goal. I was sweating for a moment there; they were at 60% literally a day ago.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@ch3burashka: Ya, I was worried too. So glad they made it. This is gonna be awesome

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ch3burashka: Ya, I was worried too. So glad they made it. This is gonna be awesome

Whoopee! This is klaywesome!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShaggE

Hip, hip, hoo!

Danekas89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Danekas89

I'm a little confused as to why so many people defend Phil Fish as a misunderstood artist but act like Doug TenNapel is some kind of sub-human. Doug stated an opinion after someone asked him for it. Obviously that's enough to make people not want to support his work, but unless he also told someone to suck his dick and fuck off then I can't see cause for complete hate and revulsion. I'm really curious about how accepting game critics and journalists are going to be towards Armikrog compared to Fez.

Game looks charming, looking forward to it.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By joshwent

Doug stated an opinion after someone asked him for it. Obviously that's enough to make people not want to support his work, but unless he also told someone to suck his dick and fuck off then I can't see cause for complete hate and revulsion.

Seems from his comments that Tennapel would be the last guy ever to tell a fanboy to suck his dick.

He might not be a jerk on Twitter like Phil Fish, but he clearly supports segregating human beings, which isn't cause to hate anyone (nothing really should be), but I certainly won't support his hate by giving money to him.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.